Calling Cuttalott, repeat, calling Cuttalott!!!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by DarthMurdicide, Aug 20, 2010.

1. DarthMurdicide

DarthMurdicide New Member

As you can see in the four threads (24K Black Glass, Indigo Glass, Red Glass, and Pink Glass), there are a lot of us waiting for these four to be ported to UD 7.0. When can we expect? Or, should we start learning how to port them ourselves for personal use? We love your work, and several of us have been waiting to update to UD 7.0 until your theme is available for it.

Please help! :)
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Darth..a few devs don't want their themes ported. If you look in the op of the theme you want, you will probably see something like, "PLEASE DO NOT USE/PORT MY THEME." The reason for this is because so many people mess up the theme when they don't know what they're doing and it reflects badly on the original themer. Also it's a LOT of work to port themes. You're asking quite a lot of cuttalot to do more than he already does.
  3. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Observation: Cuttalott is in college, and might be tied up with exams or other school related matters. Face it guys - this is a FREE service he provides to us, and school does take priority. We just have to be patient.

-Mike
  4. DarthMurdicide

Yes I am fully aware of that some devs don't want you to modify or port their themes, but no such disclaimers exist on any of Cuttalott's themes. And with the references on his posts of using parts of others' themes, I think asking if we could port for personal use is a vaild question. I definitely am not one of those out there that would port/use either parts of a theme, or even a whole theme, and claim it as my own or adulterate the work. Again, strictly for my own use.
  5. DarthMurdicide

I realize that yes, me and others may be a tad bit impatient. And for being impatient, I am truly sorry. However, this is some awesome work!

Plus, for people that really don't know what all is involved in porting, we may come to the assumption that quick porting turnaround would be beneficial for devs, for yes, technically it is a "free" service, but donations are accepted, and if I knew how to port and wanted to increase donations, I would get ports out immediately after ROM releases (as icculusx, stewart1champ, and kookahdoo do, among others). It's like going to a restaurant, are you going to tip for slow service, or more likely to leave more for fast?

You're absolutely right, school is priority. He is doing this on the side for sure. I didn't know he was a college student, figured he may be a teenager since he mentioned in a post not having time to port because he was playing Madden 11!
  6. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

You know Madden 11 is very important.
  7. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Never assume. I am 40 and will kick your ass in madden 11. ;)

Having said that it AMAZES ME, STUNS ME, how DEMANDING some people can be of these developers. Donations are nice but do not entitle you to DEMAND updates.

Ridiculous....
  8. DarthMurdicide

Demanding, no, desperate for a great theme, yes, sorry you misinterpreted...

"Kick my ***" ... :rofl3:

"Ridiculous" ... yes, your baiting is ridiculous.

Cuttalott, if you're reading this, don't fall into the mindset of others trying to make this into something it's not, definitely not "demanding" nor confrontational like others, like I said, we just want your great themes is all. If you are tied up with life's other challenges, than all I was asking is if we could port your theme for personal use (and not subsequent posting), or just an update on your release. That's the problem with reading posts, tone and inflection are sometimes misinterpreted (which causes 95% of the juvenile behavior around here) versus face-to-face conversations. My desperation for this theme is just that...no malice or "demand" at all.
  9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Everyone kind of chill out now. I don't think there is anything too wrong here, just a reminder to be respectful. Let's not start pushing each others buttons.