calling and browsing

kasidesigns

Reaction score
i have tried to browse the web while talking on the phone without success!

Technoman

Reaction score
i have tried to browse the web while talking on the phone without success!

If you are talking about web while on 3g, then there would be a good reason for that. You can't do this on Verizon network at this time. You can accomplish this if you have WIFI available.

Verizon is from what I have read working on this, and once LTE (4G) is here it will work.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
ATM Verizon is CDMA which cannot (will never) be able to do both voice and data.
LTe will be able to when it launches this Dec/Jan....

Technoman

Reaction score
ATM Verizon is CDMA which cannot (will never) be able to do both voice and data.

Black, I read an article the other day that quoted Verizon saying that they are working on this. Perhaps they are just referencing the fact that LTe will allow it, but that was not in the statement.

I will try to locate it and post the link. I think it was a Twitter link.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Black, I read an article the other day that quoted Verizon saying that they are working on this. Perhaps they are just referencing the fact that LTe will allow it, but that was not in the statement.

yea BacknBlack is right cant currently use 3G to browse while on a phone call. LTE will let you do that, but right now its either wifi or nothing.

Reaction score

Didn't this very site recently post that some major cities and airports will be getting the 4G network before this year is out?

I remember Boston being on that list, which makes me happy.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id check under the news section...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

LTe will allow it....You are correct.
CDMA which is what 3G currently is cannot support both at the same time. It's a limit of CDMA technology...