calling alll android pros!

kittyqueen94

Reaction score
Im in the biggest dilemma ever.
I own a motorola triumph.
I was very bored with the look so i decided to look into customizations.
I was intrigued by some, so i did as i saw.
Bad idea...
Keep in mind im 100% new to allll of thiss.! I knoww, stupid choice.
Anyway this is what i did.
- formatted sd for more memory
- downloaded gingerbreak.apk
- downloaded superuse, rooted.
I downloaded these apps right after root, just FYI.
- MINFREEMANAGER
- ES FILE
- BUSYBOX
- APP2SD
- FIREFOX
after apps downloaded,
I downloaded rom manager and tried cwm recovery, as i heard it was neccesary??*
Failed many many times, even did a factorry reset, nope nothing.
After many hours of research, and different (over50) websites stating "help" i finally caame across forum that said rom manager not compatible with MT.
JUST MY LUCK.
then unistalled rommanager, downloaded go launcher and a cyanogen theme. So now im stuck with nowhere to go, ive hit the deas end.
Many many hours of researching on alternatives for the cyanogen mod to install to my phone.
As of now this moment, i am in dear help.
good, precise, help.
Ive read about downloading cyanmod from firefox.
- download cyanmod on launcher.
Tried these, failed.
Just asking for one way to fully have my phone running on cyanmod w/ go launcher pro. I got the desire from this vid.. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=e6_tL-FJQTw&desktop_uri=/watch?v=e6_tL-FJQTw
Im sorry if this is too much, and if its too much for you to handle. Its ok.
Imagine how i feel. Ive been trying to figure this out solo, for total 3 nights 2 days.
I gave it my all, so hopefully theres someone who can help a lady out.

Other questions;
- is minfreemanager neccesary for me? ? What is it?
- my superuse keeps saying my binary is outdated?? What ?
- are gingerbreak and cyanogmod the same thing?? Themes? System changers?
- whats sandrom for 6.1x cyanogmod? Do i need it?
Stupid questions i know, like i said 1000000% new to this, and probably shouldve never done this. But if anyone can answer my big general question, or any other one.
Will be greatly greatly appreciated.
P.s- i dont understand pretty much any "tech talk" like ios, ui, any of those.
So if u could not talk tecchy would be a huge plus.
Thank you for reading, once again im sorry for being such a pain in the a*&$%. Im sure u aalll hate ppl like me. Like i said if its too much, dont worry about it.
Hint: *= question

- desperately desperate.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
rom manager isn't necessary... but it's good as you can use it to update the recovery image... (i'm not too up on the triumph... so i know just the basics for that phone) you need an app like bootstrap to actually hijack the recovery... then you can use rom manager to change the recovery image...
so when you use the app to reboot into recovery you'll boot into a custom recovery allowing you to install something like cyanogen mod...

and cyanogen is very different then just a theme... it's essentially a new operating system for your phone... and minfree tweaks... shouldn't be necessary for you once you install a new rom... like cyanogen mod...

if super user is telling you the binary is outdated... then you just need to go into the app and update it...

gingerbreak is just a method for getting super user access...(which allows you to modify the system folder(among other things on your phone) we as cyanogen mod is a whole new operating system,,,

OP
K

kittyqueen94

Reaction score
Thank you:) quicck question, Cyanogen mod and clockwork mod are different things right?

OP
K

kittyqueen94

Reaction score
Ok sweeet.
So when i download cwm i need to dowload it from a laptop right? Or download it using my phone??

Also, for the past few days my phone keeps freezing, turning off, then back on.
It seems to only happen when im on the internet with alot of stuff going on. It like freaks out. Any solution? ?
Thank you all so much.
Life savers 100%.