Calling ALL Earthlings; In Search of the perfect "Root"....

AJAX

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel One Touch Fierce Two 7
Hello. I am a “new-be”. It seems that most of the app designers out there have forgotten about Alcatel Smart Phone Products (which are very popular and sold in major stores like Walmart/Target/Best Buy). I have nearly tried every rooting app out their including "Z4root" with NO rooting success on my Alcatel One Touch Fierce Two 7040T (T-Mobile Carrier). Android Version: 4.4.2. Does anyone know of a VALID/FULLY OPERATING app out there that will successfully root my Alcatel One Touch Fierce Two 7040T?????

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum @AJAX

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
That is about all I could find. With the phones being so picky, there are few choices for rooting that specific phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unfortunately we are getting to a period where development is beginning to die down (on the root side) as android software becomes both better and more secure. If the device can be rooted it would have to be done manually by flashing a custom recovery and installing su.zip.

OP
A

AJAX

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel One Touch Fierce Two 7
ALL rooting software mentioned failed to successfully unlock my Alcatel One Touch Fierce Two 7040T (T-Mobile Carrier). And yes I had the phone in the developing mode/dubbing mode. Note: I have tried nearly every major/most popular android rooting apps on the market with NO success of any sort. And yes; I have contacted several of the app developers (such as Kingo and others) who have actually tried but were unable to develop a rooting app or program for my Alcatel One Touch Fierce Two 7040T (T-Mobile Carrier). Alcatel is a tough cookie to unlock; almost impossible.

Basically what I am trying to do and my main reason for un-rooting my phone - is allow my new phone (Alcatel One Touch Fierce Two 7040T/using T-Mobile Carrier) which I recently received as a Christmas gift to easily access and to create a Wi-Fi Hot Spot/Tethering easily like an older model smart phone I previously owned. Since President Obama has now signed a bill into law that makes it possible for consumers to legally unlock their cell phones in order to take them to a carrier that best suits their needs; many cellular phone manufactures are now selling unlocked phones that are not tied to any particular cellular phone carrier. Do you think if I was to purchase such a smart phone (unlocked/no cellular carrier pre-programmed in) that I have a better chance of freely using the unlocked smart phone Wi-Fi Hot Spot/Tethering built-in features freely with most of the Wi-Fi Hot Spot/Tethering apps on the market; since now that most unlocked phones sold have no ties to any cellular carrier who generally controls/regulates through built-in software programming the cellular smart phone Wi-Fi Hot Spot/Tethering operation configuration? And YES I clearly understand that “rooting” and “unlocking” are two different things and are not associated with each other. And by the way ….NONE of the Wi-Fi Hot Spot/Tethering apps in the Google Android App Store work on my new Alcatel One Touch Fierce Two 7040T (T-Mobile Carrier); again – absolutely none of them.

Unhealthylevel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
7040n
Ajax I have reviewed your statements and I have a solution... I own a 7040n (MetroPCS carrier) same phone same security message me when you have a chance I have rooted mine... Not by any means easily, but it has been done... Just me

Last edited by a moderator: