Calling all DEVS!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by 561427, Nov 3, 2011.

1. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello-

First let me say thank you for your hard work and contributions to the scene. I am not going to specifically name anyone because you all have forged this scene into what it has become all the way back from OG and before. THANK YOU ALL!

Now, I hope that many are surfing around this forum and are able to read this. I want to ask any of you, or anyone who has knowledge, where will you all be headed in the next month? One of the biggest features about my OG was not related to the phone at all. I loved how much cool stuff was available to me in ROMS, custom widgets, icons, themes and much more. I realize back then it was out of necessity this was created but just imagine, if all that work was for necessity, where will we go from here? Things I havent even conceived are, I am sure, in the works. I was just curious to see where everyone plans on being. I defiantly miss my OG after having a D2G replacement. Anyone looking to specify in one device? or will you work with many devices?

Thanks for your hard work
    Mitch M.

P.S. please, anyone who has knowledge of the DEVS next projects we would like to know. Speak up!

2. Tas

Tas Member

Ratings:
    +3
    WHAT????? Who are u working for???

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    No one. I just want to know ahead of time where the scene is going. I really dont like the stagnant D2G scene and I was just wondering if a majority of Devs have a preference so that I could follow. I honestly might be done with Flashing every night and hitting F5 until the newest ROM is uploaded but I still think it might be nice to mod my phone when I want. I basically am trying to convince myself that the Droid RAZR is out of the question because of the locked bootloader but that is a discussion for another thread.

Am I crossing a line asking where the future of the scene lies? If I am asking about something taboo please tell me and close the thread. I just dont ever see the DEVS talking and would like to know their preference. Sorry.

4. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    I am sure there will be a big developer push on both galaxy nexus and the razr. Im sure that you will be able to satisfy your rom hunger with either phone. Im going with the galaxy nexus...

Edit: you are not crossing any lines, its actually a great thread with a valid point.. knowing where developers are heading is important to flashoholics ;-)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

#4 Chizzele, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +6
    nexus is where im going and hopefully gonna stay with it seems like a phone that will not disappoint me

6. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have a feeling that the bootloader alone is the determining factor and I really love the GNEX for that reason. BUT I have seen P3 giving updates for the RAZR and that is actually what sparked my interest (knowing where each dev lies). I really hate to see everyone from the OG scene disperse like this. First the Thunderbolt.. then the Bionic... now these three phones? I know fragmentation is a big killer for Android but its worse that we all choose sides with these three phones in particular (2 years from the OG launch)... I see it diluting the market more and more at an alarming rate... kinda sad. but to each his own and everyone will be happy.

7. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I can tell you that the Galaxy Nexus will have the biggest developer base of any single phone since the D1, the D1 was on Verizon and VZW hasn't released a Pure Google device since...

8. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Wait, the OG was a Google phone? I figured the Nexus One was the first... :confused:

9. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    The Nexus1 was the first "Google Phone" but the D1 was pure google, it was just Droid branded :)

10. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    The D1 was vanilla android, but not a "google phone." Sorry, I had to correct that one! ;)

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

11. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93

Not sure about yours but mine said google right on the back :crazy:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

12. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    with your best Jack Bauer impression?