Calling all Battery icon Makers Please help

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by MAD450r, Jul 18, 2010.

1. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Im no artist but im trying to work on a disney theme. I'd like to have a battery icon made of this image. Its about the best icon I could find to start with.

2. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use paint.net, good program.

3. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I use it but

Im legally blind so I'd like to get some help doing it.

I tried for the past 3 - 4 hours

4. ashkev843

ashkev843 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What color are you looking for it to fill with red? and are you on a rom that shows 20% increments for the batter life?

5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    was thinking green

Im using it on BBv0.4 atm. but will probly move up to BBv0.5 when released.

think its 20% on BB not 100% sure.
    actually green or blue would be nice, but im thinking I could just change hue later right to edit them ?

Thanks in advance, I really apprciate the help

Here's a few pics for what I have so far, some are before I edited launcher pro and some still need editing like facebook and I think im going to make the background on a few apps different.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These next few have launcher pro edited
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fixed the backgrounds on these Widgets
    [​IMG]
    This one isnt as dark as it appears here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As for downloading my theme I hadn't planned on releasing this one. I'll see what I can do to make it so other's can d/l it. Right now I just built it over BBv0.4 using Nextheme.

Here's my install file Im not done with it yet but for those that might want it as is here you go. Works over BBv0.4 for sure never tried it on another rom. To install I used clockwork recovery. Not sure if sprecovery will work on not. If someone tests with sprecovery please let me know if it works.

I had changed the pulldown to mickey looking like he jumped into the screen. I know he's a bit blurry I couldn't find a larger pic of it to use, and when I made him smaller it would tile him like 6 times on the shade :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?gf171pj47r3c1ug

Not sure if I put the wallpaper into this install file so it here it is just in case or for others that may want it.
    [​IMG]

#5 MAD450r, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  6. erikfig

erikfig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Job Mad! How can I get your theme????

7. rcfx

rcfx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is that pulldown panel modded with the transparency patcher by Xeudoxus? And I'm wondering how you edited the bottom of the panel? You gotta lotta talent there!

8. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Not unless

It was patched before I d/l'd it. I used a theme, then edited it up to my likinig so it might have been prepatched.

As for editing the bottom of the pulldown shade I used paint.net to edit status_bar_close_on.9.png, I used the text tool to add it directly to the image itself.So it will be whatever color I save it as no need to worry about setting the font color in an xml file that way.

Im trying to get the ERI removed so I can do the samething on top as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

woohoo thanks to some help here's the mickey battery added, now to make one for wifi and 3g :)
    going to look for different disney characters for them. Was thinking of miney and Pluto :)
    [​IMG]

Just need a round wifi icon for now, or to figure out what diney charater would look cool as one.

As for downloading my theme I hadn't planned on releasing this one. I'll see what I can do to make it so other's can d/l it. Right now I just built it over BBv0.4 using Nextheme.

Here's my install file Im not done with it yet but for those that might want it as is here you go. Works over BBv0.4 for sure never tried it on another rom. To install I used clockwork recovery. Not sure if sprecovery will work on not. If someone tests with sprecovery please let me know if it works

http://www.mediafire.com/?gf171pj47r3c1ug

#8 MAD450r, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  9. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Mad, I can knock this out for you, if you let me know exactly what you are wanting. I know the image, and battery increments, what color, or just the outline?

I can help you get rid of that eri too...here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/57078-how-edit-eri-xml.html instead of inserting "custom text" just use the spacebar to edit out the existing eri

#9 DF Smod, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  10. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks

I tried that editing eri it wont implement I tried every way but starting over and adding it to the rom.

I was thinking red for fill color, I was thinking of inverting colors on the outline first so the outlined part is white.

Thanks I appreciate the help.

11. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I will look at it over the weekend, and the eri too, P.M. me your email so I can get them to you

12. stratt

stratt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For each battery increment... make sure that you save each image the same name as the original. Then place those in your framework-res.apk (I am sure you already knew that). Then push the frameworkres.apk to your /system/framework using adb. If you need help with that let me know.... If you alr eady knew this... I am sorry, dont want to insult you.

Search tags for this page

disney watermark