Callers can't hear me.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Occasionally, my caller says it sounds like I'm speaking really low to the point I they can't hear me. When they can hear me perfectly, I can't hear them and it sounds like they are talking with their hand over their mic. I don't know if its a general issue that other people are having, but it's starting to piss me off.

zakany

Reaction score
The Droid has a second mic on its back (top the the phone, near the audio jack) that cancels ambient noise. If it picks up your voice clearly, it will try to silence you thinking that you're background noise.

Disable Voice Privacy in Settings to remove this feature.

OP
p1ngputts

p1ngputts

Reaction score
The Droid has a second mic on its back (top the the phone, near the audio jack) that cancels ambient noise. If it picks up your voice clearly, it will try to silence you thinking that you're background noise.

Disable Voice Privacy in Settings to remove this feature.

just checked my settings and voice privacy was already disabled.

zakany

Reaction score
Since the Droid has, in general, very good sound performance are you sure the problem is on your end?

OP
p1ngputts

p1ngputts

Reaction score
about 4-5 people said they couldn't hear me. I had maybe 3 occurrences where I couldn't hear the caller.

dub8420

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me 1 night for a few hours. I called people and would be talking several minutes fine and then it was like my speaker just went out and I could hear them fine but they couldn't hear me and it happened to 3 different #s so I know it was the droid. Hasn't happened since but it really pissed me off, too.

OyVOid

Reaction score
My BF and I share a Family Plan. I got my new wonderful Droid when it time to renew with the New Every 2 Time. My BF opted to stay with his old phone because he loves it still . I love my Droid to pieces and he's starting to feel a little jealous. Anyhoo, his complaint is that when I call him I sound like I am speaking to him from underwater. His best bud, who has an iPhone, says that he can only hear every third word I am saying. Other people I've call can hear me without any problems. I don't know if it's really my Droid or the guys I am hanging out with. Hmmm....?

OP
p1ngputts

p1ngputts

Reaction score
My BF and I share a Family Plan. I got my new wonderful Droid when it time to renew with the New Every 2 Time. My BF opted to stay with his old phone because he loves it still . I love my Droid to pieces and he's starting to feel a little jealous. Anyhoo, his complaint is that when I call him I sound like I am speaking to him from underwater. His best bud, who has an iPhone, says that he can only hear every third word I am saying. Other people I've call can hear me without any problems. I don't know if it's really my Droid or the guys I am hanging out with. Hmmm....?

Glad it's not just me. It's a pain bc I tell the person I'll call them back and they have no idea what I said so they think I hung up on them. I usually restart my phone and it works fine for the next call.

nygh

Reaction score
same thing happened to me a few weeks back I simply restarted my droid and it fixed

eliassami5

Reaction score
I had the same issue for one day also. in addition to that when I tried calling someone it would not have a dial tone but the call counter would still be running, I had to hang up and dial the number again for it to connect. I dont have that issue any more though

jstn128

Reaction score
Multiple probs with droid

I bought 2 droids a few weeks ago, one for myself and one for my fiancé, mine has been great but my fiancé's has had its share of problems, this being one of them. It happens on a regular basis, not just once in a while. In addition, just this morning she went to answer an incoming call and after unlocking the phone she got a black screen. The phone app had hung and we got the force quit dialog box! She had to restart the phone in order to use the phone app again. For a PHONE, moto/verizon/google sure made it seem like making and receiving calls was an after thought!

Anyway, I think she got a lemon so I am going to exchange it this weekend.

hughesjr

Reaction score
Occasionally, my caller says it sounds like I'm speaking really low to the point I they can't hear me. When they can hear me perfectly, I can't hear them and it sounds like they are talking with their hand over their mic. I don't know if its a general issue that other people are having, but it's starting to piss me off.
Do the Audio Quality settings here (set to EVRC-B) and see if that helps:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/8142-verizon-tech-here-ask-away.html

schellbl

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat too.....Have EVRC-B set and my wife(and others) say my voice was better on my old verizon phone.

hughesjr

Reaction score
"EVRC-B On" and "Voice Privacy Off" are the things that seem to be said to fix muffled voice issues. If you are doing both of those, then I can't seem to find anything else. Does everyone having these issues have a case on their Droid, or is it naked.