1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Callers can't hear me.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by p1ngputts, Jan 22, 2010.

1. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

Occasionally, my caller says it sounds like I'm speaking really low to the point I they can't hear me. When they can hear me perfectly, I can't hear them and it sounds like they are talking with their hand over their mic. I don't know if its a general issue that other people are having, but it's starting to piss me off.
  2. zakany

zakany New Member

The Droid has a second mic on its back (top the the phone, near the audio jack) that cancels ambient noise. If it picks up your voice clearly, it will try to silence you thinking that you're background noise.

Disable Voice Privacy in Settings to remove this feature.
  3. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

just checked my settings and voice privacy was already disabled.
  4. zakany

zakany New Member

Since the Droid has, in general, very good sound performance are you sure the problem is on your end?
  5. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

about 4-5 people said they couldn't hear me. I had maybe 3 occurrences where I couldn't hear the caller.
  6. dub8420

dub8420 New Member

I had the same thing happen to me 1 night for a few hours. I called people and would be talking several minutes fine and then it was like my speaker just went out and I could hear them fine but they couldn't hear me and it happened to 3 different #s so I know it was the droid. Hasn't happened since but it really pissed me off, too.
  7. OyVOid

OyVOid New Member

My BF and I share a Family Plan. I got my new wonderful Droid when it time to renew with the New Every 2 Time. My BF opted to stay with his old phone because he loves it still . I love my Droid to pieces and he's starting to feel a little jealous. Anyhoo, his complaint is that when I call him I sound like I am speaking to him from underwater. His best bud, who has an iPhone, says that he can only hear every third word I am saying. Other people I've call can hear me without any problems. I don't know if it's really my Droid or the guys I am hanging out with. Hmmm....?
  8. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

Glad it's not just me. It's a pain bc I tell the person I'll call them back and they have no idea what I said so they think I hung up on them. I usually restart my phone and it works fine for the next call.
  9. nygh

nygh New Member

same thing happened to me a few weeks back I simply restarted my droid and it fixed
  10. eliassami5

eliassami5 New Member

I had the same issue for one day also. in addition to that when I tried calling someone it would not have a dial tone but the call counter would still be running, I had to hang up and dial the number again for it to connect. I dont have that issue any more though
  11. jstn128

jstn128 New Member

Multiple probs with droid

I bought 2 droids a few weeks ago, one for myself and one for my fiancé, mine has been great but my fiancé's has had its share of problems, this being one of them. It happens on a regular basis, not just once in a while. In addition, just this morning she went to answer an incoming call and after unlocking the phone she got a black screen. The phone app had hung and we got the force quit dialog box! She had to restart the phone in order to use the phone app again. For a PHONE, moto/verizon/google sure made it seem like making and receiving calls was an after thought!

Anyway, I think she got a lemon so I am going to exchange it this weekend.
  12. hughesjr

hughesjr New Member

Do the Audio Quality settings here (set to EVRC-B) and see if that helps:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/8142-verizon-tech-here-ask-away.html
  13. M1dnite

M1dnite New Member

I'm in the same boat... I've had this issue from day one. EVRC-B is set as well.
  14. schellbl

schellbl New Member

I'm in the same boat too.....Have EVRC-B set and my wife(and others) say my voice was better on my old verizon phone.
  15. hughesjr

hughesjr New Member

"EVRC-B On" and "Voice Privacy Off" are the things that seem to be said to fix muffled voice issues. If you are doing both of those, then I can't seem to find anything else. Does everyone having these issues have a case on their Droid, or is it naked.
  16. drunkpark

drunkpark New Member

I have the Shell holster combo, and it does this. Other end said I sound like I am really far away.
    And words transmit in bits o pieces. I thought it was phones problem and was gonna return it.
    But I guess it's common problem.

But one thing I noticed (not sure if it helped or not) but this mumble call happens
    when I am laying down sideways in my bed AND the phone is 'between' my ear and the pillow.

So when I sit up they can hear me better.
    Or if I turn the other way and the phone is just laying top on side of my head.
    Not sure if I am making sense?:icon_eek:

So IT might be that the way the phone is held. How did you hold your phones when talking?
  17. HUFFDROID

HUFFDROID New Member

I had the hard rubber phone case and people were saying they couldn't hear me very well. So one day I took the case off and it was night and day. People could hear me clearly, so if any of you guys are using a phone case take it off and see if that helps.
  18. Tracyap

Tracyap New Member

Phone Call Quality

There's a pretty big thread on this topic on the Motorola Forum, including the manufacturing dates from phones having the most problems: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16215?tstart=30

I'm on my fourth and last Droid (2 refurbished models). I've had sound quality problems with every unit, and I've tried every trick in the book. (I don't have the problems when I'm using my bluetooth.) Anyway, my folks are in their mid 70s and this has been tough on them ... we talk a couple of times a day. I love my Droid, but unless Motorola or Verizon comes out with a fix for this problem, I'm dumping the phone for something else.

Phone call quality is a basic function in my book. :mad:
  19. schellbl

schellbl New Member

I've had a case on it from day 1. I think my phone sounded great the first few days and has slowly gotten worse. Maybe I will try and see if the nake droid sounds better. I really like the phone besides this.

Brian
  20. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

I'm on my 2nd Droid because of this issue, and it's still the same issue. I feel like I should just go back to my old phone. I hear the word "what" more than 20 times a call now. It's getting annoying.
Search tags for this page
android callers can't hear
caller can hear me but i can't hear them on my motorola atri

caller cannot hear me on motorola droid razr maxx

caller cant hear me but microphone works droid razr

callers cant hear me

droid maxx cant her me

motorola droid problems when talking oeople cant hear

motorola razr caller can't hear me

motorola razr m people i call can't hear me.
motorola razr phone microphone can't hear

no one can hear me on my droid razr

razr cant hear me i hear thrm

s3 people can't hear me. echo

voice recorder works on android but callers can't hear me

why cant i hear my callers voice on my motorola phone