callers cannot hear me

sundog1973

Reaction score
@rumisra...have you downloaded any apps that use the microphone? Any voice recorders, voice changers, etc.? Any app that uses the mic is suspect, as far as I am concerned. Try eliminating those and testing.

If you can get new hardware, go for it, but I was told by the Verizon reps that Verizon is starting to hoard Droids, and are trying to hold off on as many swaps as possible prior to the Dec. 11 firmware release. Unless it is straight up broken, you might not get a a swap.

rumisra

Reaction score
I just called the verizon store where i got the phone. They are replacing it with a new one. Hope I dont lose my applications!

Big D

Reaction score
Any way to find out the build # without removing the battery?

I hate screwing with that battery hatch as I have not had a problem yet.

terrystolmeier

Reaction score
I've looked through all the menus and can't find the build date anywhere... seems you'll have to do it the hard way.

I have the same problems with my phone, 39/09. Going in this afternoon to swap it out. (crosses fingers)

nadinepa97

Reaction score
i had bought the plastic phone protector and figured out that it covers the microphone, took off, now everyone can hear me just fine.

88Droid

Reaction score
just for the helluvit i decided to see what "revision number" i have... just so happened I have a 44/09... what that means? not to sure, lol

thecowboy01

Reaction score
Same problem here verizon claims techs are tracking my calls from the towers and investigating possible issues as to clarity problems They did send me a trouble ticket txt so well see. Just got mine last Saturday build 50/09 - Wife says its so loud her whole phone vibrates when I talk but it like I am at the bottom of a well and talking through a wet pillow. She already wants me to get rid of it.

chimera118

Reaction score
just got the phone last week and im having the same problem. everyone has trouble hearing me and i have to speak very loudly. tried removing all the apps but still no luck. any suggestions? the build number is 46/09 just in case.

OyVOid

Reaction score
I got my Droid after Thanksgiving and was experiencing the same problem with people telling me they can't hear me. It sounded like I was gurgling. But since I've been powering down more often, it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. I also have Voice Recorder on my phone, but haven't used it much.

Just out of curiosity, I checked for that number and mine is 44/09. What does it even mean? A good batch or not? What is it for? In case of a recall? Can someone clarify? Thanks.

bigben94

Reaction score
me too!

I've had my droid since December. It just started doing this a couple days ago. I answer the phone and the caller cannot hear me AT ALL. It's not a case of sounding muffled or quiet.

I've reset the phone but no help. It has spontaneously starting working a few times, but then gone back to this frustrating state.

My version is: 43/09

jamjr74

Reaction score
After convincing the verizon tech that he was full of crap I had the phone swapped out today. What a huge difference! My previous phone was manufactured 40/09 and the new phone is 41/09. So far the only difference I can see is the micro sd used in the phone is from a different manufacturer (sandisk vs some generic brand).

Either way callers can now hear me, so I am happy.

:)

How do you find the phone manufacture date? The only number i find under battery with a / in it is 11/10

jamjr74

Reaction score
I've had my droid since December. It just started doing this a couple days ago. I answer the phone and the caller cannot hear me AT ALL. It's not a case of sounding muffled or quiet.

I've reset the phone but no help. It has spontaneously starting working a few times, but then gone back to this frustrating state.

My version is: 43/09
Where do you find the version number?

cknaack

Reaction score
mine says like 12-10 is that true because i have the same issue

Captain Bill

Reaction score
I to have microphone problems

My friend complains I sound garbled and like a robot on my Moto Droid. I don't think it's a volume thing but the clarity. My friend bought the Droid and called me and he sounded the same way....like crap. He returned the Moto for the HTC and called me and WOW, he sounded great. As for the VZ techs, they lie or are idiots....or both. I asked about the batt door falling off and he told me he sold thousands and that's the first he heard of it. I went home and looked it up and there was even a youtube video on the batt door fix. How come there is no clear button for the voicemail icon? There is for updates.