1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Caller ID Picture Size

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by drjimmy, Jul 30, 2011.

1. drjimmy

drjimmy New Member

Hi, I apologize if this is a dumb question, but this is my first Android phone and Google hasn't yielded any solutions.

For Droid 3 owners, is it normal for the Caller ID photo that shows up when receiving a call from one of your contacts to be relatively tiny and blurry?? I have tried adding contacts to my "Phone Backup" account (as opposed to Gmail), manually setting a high resolution contact picture taken on the spot with the camera or pulled from an SD card, but, no matter what, when that person calls, the contact picture is tiny (square, probably less than a quarter of the screens smallest horizontal resolution, practically a thumbnail... in fact it probably is upscaled from the even smaller pic that appears next to each contact when scrolling through the list).

I've read forum posts talking about how contact photos pulled from Gmail will be small, but how you can change the "Only show pictures that I've chosen for my contacts" setting in Gmail to avoid it overwriting pics that you manually set on the phone... none of this had any effect for me. Any contact pictures that I manually add to the Gmail or built-in Phone Backup accounts in my contacts show up tiny in caller ID.

Is this just how it is? I noticed that there are 1 or 2 paid fullscreen caller ID apps in the Android Market, but the reviews are mixed. When older Droid models have been rooted, is this the kind of UI (lack of) feature that has been improved by custom ROMs?

Thanks!
  2. sarreq

sarreq New Member

if the contact pic you have set is small, then our will site up blurry, as it's being resized.
  3. drjimmy

drjimmy New Member

Thanks, but I can select a high resolution photo or use the option within contacts to take and set a photo w/ the camera and it still shows up small and blurry in the caller ID. The image is definitely being resized automatically...
Search tags for this page
android caller id image size
android caller id photo size

android caller id picture size

android caller picture size
android phone caller picture
best caller picture size
change size of caller id picture android
galaxy s4 called id picture smaller and blurry
how can i add caller image on samsung galaxy 3
how to increase size of caller id picture on galaxy s3
how to make better caller id photo on android