Caller ID pic

Silver Member
Reaction score
there is no way to adjust the size of the pic. pics can be attached to contacts either by editing the contact or through the gallery.

contacts that match entries in facebook will automatically download their profile pic. however, because of speed and bandwidth issues, facebook is set up to download the smallest profile pic image, which will make the image appear grainy or blocky when you receive a call.

OP
D

droidan

Reaction score
select the contact, go to menu, edit contact,above the name is a box, click on the box and that takes you to your pictures, select the photo that you want to use.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
there is no way to adjust the size of the pic. pics can be attached to contacts either by editing the contact or through the gallery.

contacts that match entries in facebook will automatically download their profile pic. however, because of speed and bandwidth issues, facebook is set up to download the smallest profile pic image, which will make the image appear grainy or blocky when you receive a call.

if you want it to match the facebook pic, do you have to have a facebook account and does the name of the contact have to be EXACTLY like the name that appears on facebook?

minmongoblin

Reaction score
if you want it to match the facebook pic, do you have to have a facebook account and does the name of the contact have to be EXACTLY like the name that appears on facebook?
It has to match for them to auto-merge, but you can merge them yourself by making sure you "Show All" under your Facebook account, in your Contact list options. Then go to Edit Contact and merge it with the Facebook name.

Silver Member
Reaction score

for the OS to auto-match, the names have to match exactly. if they don't match, edit one of the contacts, hit menu and then join. you can join the contact with any other contact, and they will be "forever" associated.

check sig for more details.

crspang

Reaction score
The easiest way I've found is to assign pictures using gmail on your computer, its easier to manipulate pics on a PC for me, I use a photo editor to cut the image and resize. Pics assigned to contact while using gmail will be auto synced to your phone.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
The easiest way I've found is to assign pictures using gmail on your computer, its easier to manipulate pics on a PC for me, I use a photo editor to cut the image and resize. Pics assigned to contact while using gmail will be auto synced to your phone.

so adding pics one by one? wouldn't that take forever?

crspang

Reaction score

I'm not following you. Don't you have to add pictures to individual contacts one by one?
Or are you talking about a Facebook issue? I don't use Facebook so I'm not familiar with how that would work.
I would think that using the suggestion I made earlier would be the easiest way for the OP to resize contact pictures.

Aluminum21

Reaction score

I'm not following you. Don't you have to add pictures to individual contacts one by one?
Or are you talking about a Facebook issue? I don't use Facebook so I'm not familiar with how that would work.
I would think that using the suggestion I made earlier would be the easiest way for the OP to resize contact pictures.

I guess this is my question, WITHOUT a facebook account, how would I add a picture to contacts

crspang

Reaction score

I guess this is my question, WITHOUT a facebook account, how would I add a picture to contacts

Like I said, I use the Gmail on my PC and assign pic that way, and yes it does take a while to do. I'm not sure of a faster way, but in my case I only needed to add pics to about 20 of my 300+ contacts so it wasn't too time consuming for me.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

JamesX

Reaction score
This is what I do as well. It is much easier than doing it on the phone. Plus you have access to more powerful photo editing tools :)