Caller ID app

Nenda2

Reaction score
With the new software update came the stupid caller ID app. Is there a way to get rid of this pesky thing. Had it on another phone before and it constantly asks if you want to upgrade! Hate the damn thing!

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Don't think so, unless you're rooted. I hid it on my S4, though that won't stop the updates from rolling in. I just don't update whatever I don't use.

Bishang

Reaction score
You don't have to be rooted to disable this app. I'm not rooted and have never been rooted on my Galaxy S3.

First, go into the app and end the trial. It should be under Account Status, I believe. This will prevent you from getting charged $2.99 a month extra after the trial period has ended. The trial automatically started once the phone was updated.

Now go to your phone settings > Application mananger > Swipe over to All > Select the Caller ID app. Now you have the option to hit the Disable button. You'll get a popup saying that Removing the app may cause other apps not to function properly. Ignore that popup and proceed to disabling it. Now you shouldn't be bothered with it anymore.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Bishang, why do you think this is a trial app that will eventually start charging every month???

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Bishang, why do you think this is a trial app that will eventually start charging every month???

There have been reports of that happening to some Verizon S3 users after this update. They never opted in, but yet they were charged for the service. I don't think it's widespread, but it's something to potentially keep an eye out for.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That is totally sketchy! I better start looking at the details of my bill.

Bishang

Reaction score
That is totally sketchy! I better start looking at the details of my bill.

They're known to be pretty sketchy when it comes to these free trial things.