Caller can't hear me, didn't mute

Kimberly1963

Reaction score
Hello,

First time user here. When making or receiving calls, for no reason my screen will go black, did not hit mute, and the caller can not hear me, but I can hear them perfectly. Happens constantly. Can you help me?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its the prox sensor, if you remove it from your face it will light up again. And it is possible your face is hitting mute. One way to know is to make a call and click the button to lock the keys before talking and see if that helps.

riverrat

Reaction score
The same thing is happening to me. My callers can't hear me, but I can hear them. I am having to yell to talk to them. I am in the habit of lightly touching the power button to black out the screen, so my face can't hit anything. Any other suggestions?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The same thing is happening to me. My callers can't hear me, but I can hear them. I am having to yell to talk to them. I am in the habit of lightly touching the power button to black out the screen, so my face can't hit anything. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried calling yourself and playing with it? The only thing able to cancel your voice is the mute button... If thats not pushed then maybe their is something wrong? Try calling yourself from a different phone and play with the mute button.