Caller can not hear me.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by vtrider159, May 17, 2010.

1. vtrider159

vtrider159 New Member

I have replacement droid #2, I had it a day and a half and callers could not hear me. I am having a very unpleasant time with these phones, but now this is rediculous.

This issue makes one think the phone is on mute or something like that but it isn't.

The first droid I had went completely useless after the 2.1 upgrade and was so slow I had to get this current phone. Both of these phones force close all apps and hone screens do not respond at all, so no apps are loaded onto my current replacement.

VZW sent the third one and fedex delivered it to the wrong address, so now they are hunting the third one down.

Of course, the replacement phones are 'like new' which in realty are used IMO.

Until #3 is found by fedex, is there any way I can get the POS to work as a phone since it cannot do anything else?

I 'reset' the brick twice and got nowhere. The VZW tech monkeys offer no help and just keep sending replacements to people. A guy yesturday in the store was on droid #5 and just paid the early term fee and left.

I talked to a customer service woman and she said after 3 replacements, I can exchange the thing which I probably will do if #3 sh*ts the bed.

Any help or tips will be helpful.....thanks in advance. 5 trips to the store and 7 resets later, all I want is a phone lol.
  2. aminaked

aminaked New Member

People can't hear you at all or do they say it's muffled/echoing?
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I called my wife. She said she could barely hear me. I hung up, called again and she could hear me clear as a bell.

I don't think it's the phone, I think it's the transmission and that would have more to do with cell towers.
  4. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

Mine was doing the same. I dumped my live wallpapers and a couple more apps and I swear I am on day four with no issues. Plus my phone is much faster. But this is also the last chance for my droid. I use my phone a lot.
  5. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

But I have also ditched all covers and screen protectors.
  6. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I totally agree with what's being said. I want to add:

- make sure to hold the phone so you're speaking right into the mic
    - try lowering in call volume
    - reboot every 3 days
    - as has been said, installing a lot of stuff like live wallpapers, widgets, automated task killers, antivirus is too much for the phone to handle and it can may degrade performance...though it's not supposed to.
  7. vtrider159

vtrider159 New Member

Nobody can hear me, voicemails do not recognize me either.

6 resets and 3 droids later, I'm done with resets, reboots, making sure the wind is blowing to the east etc.

I found out 3 phones is all they give and then I can exchange the droid for a phone that works.

My 3rd one is sitting in a fedex depot because verizon screwed up the address. The present 'like new' replacement started this after a day and a half.

I went on vacation with nobody hearing me and used the GF's phone, its rediculous. I would have had the 3rd phone already if I were not away.

The 2.1 update was a joke after all the hype and buzz, live wallpapers and a fancy picture gallery turned these things useless.

The VZW store is full of people with the same issues. The woman told me they orfer around 7 to 10 replacements droids a day.

VZW shouldv'e stayed with 2.01 or whatever on the droid and gave 2.1 to faster phones.

I am going to have to pick a phone out to replace this pos with, it'll maybe make me feel better about paying for a data plan and having a phone that can dial and load emails without fail.
  8. aminaked

aminaked New Member

So people can't hear you at all?

That's never happened to me. Once in a while, someone complains that I'm muffled/echoed. Turning on speakerphone (sometimes just toggling it on/off) fixes it as does using bluetooth.
  9. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

Like I said mine has improved. When you ad apps from the market no telling what the developers are doing to your phone. I have only one complaint in four days and counting. Either I am lucky, the deleted apps helped or Verizon has added an update I don't know about. I got my fingers crossed. It improved once before and then I added a live wallpaper and everything went south from there. Clear out some memory people. For those who are complaining what are you running?
  10. mgraham1930

mgraham1930 New Member

I have had the same issue since day one. I am on my second Droid also.
    Ridiculous and obviously Verizon will do nothing about this issue and it looks like Motorola have the same attitude as Verizon. It seems like their answer is “Just ignore them and they will go away. They already got our money and that’s all that they care. Two more BIG GREEDY USELSS Corporations.
    It’s amazing that they stay in business but eventually it will catch up with them. There are more issues and problems with the Droid, it really should be rendered a Dud or a Faulty product and they should all be recalled and scrapped because that’s where they belong, in the trash. I have not seen or had a more unstable, useless electronic device in my life. It is so bad, how can they advertize it as a phone. It’s a “ROCK” and I will throw my rock in the next lake I pass by so it can never be seen again. Good rhythms to it, to USELESS Verizon and to the newly USELESS Motorola.
  11. vtrider159

vtrider159 New Member

I feel the same, I am still waiting for pone #3, verizon screwed up my address and its out there floating somewhere. I really don't want it and was thinking of activating an old lg phone and being done with this whole running in circles thing.
  12. aminaked

aminaked New Member

We're really talking about callers not hearing you AT ALL? If so, that's a serious defect and you should take it back to the verizon store.
  13. vtrider159

vtrider159 New Member

Nothing, I went to the verizon circus called the store and they sent me a replacement a week and a half ago which I have yet to recieve becuase they screwed the address up. A week and a half of no calls or apps and counting.

The phone I can't be heard on is a replacement and started this a day and a half after I got it.
  14. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Ok, well it sounds to me like defective phone or bad coverage. I'm guessing you can hear the people so that makes me think your phone was broken--not a signal problem. Get that replacement.
  15. baddeye

baddeye New Member

My wife and I just received the 2.1 update on our HTC Eris phones. Among other problems, hers is having this exact one. Coverage is fine, we can text back and forth no problem. But when she makes or receives a phone call, it's dead silent on both ends. My phone seems to work fine.

Still looking for a fix on this.
  16. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Ok. This sound like the infamous mute issue with the Droids I read about. Another user on these forums tried an app called Screen Suite. It can be found on the Market. http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-appsbeyond-android-screensuite-nEAi.aspx

If that helps or fixes the problem, I think the Droid needs a better screen/keypad lock.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-app-developers/33261-screen-lock-app.html#post356530

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/8141-app-lock-while-call-4.html

I may or may not have had this issue. but ppl are reporting it working for them.
  17. WriterGirl

WriterGirl New Member

I came to the Droid from years of Blackberry where I never had a single phone quality issue, so I can't say it's Verizon. From what I've gathered on the Motorola Forum, they don't know why this problem occurs with some Droids. Sadly, no one seems too concerned. As a PR person, I think some publicity about this issue would help motivate them ...

I'm on my fifth Droid. (I believe I've just exchanged phones via the refurbished program with others with call quality problems ...) I've basically given up. The phone call quality is so bad that I can't talk without my bluetooth. With the bluetooth it's fine. I've tried all of the tricks. I've basically given up, and not wanting to return to Blackberry, I'm waiting until the iphone comes to Verizon. I've thought about switching to the Droid Incredible, but I'm kind of fed up with Motorola. :icon_evil:
  18. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Did you try Screen Suite? I didnt need to use it, so I cant say if it works or not. But ppl leaving reviews says it helps with the mute issue.
  19. vtrider159

vtrider159 New Member

I hear you. They told me after 3 phones we can get an exchange. VZW finally located the replacement phone after ordering it on may th, I'll have it tomorrow. At the first issue, I'm done with this thing.

I also think the same about the incredible and loathe apple products. I generally try to stay away from Apple, but at this rate, I may just switch to at&t and tell vzw I'm walking. I get different answers from store kids and cust service people and just thought tonight that out of the people I know who use droids, all 6 do not have an original.
  20. vtrider159

vtrider159 New Member

I'm done downloading apps to make up for this pos. The phone I have has no apps on it because it randomly restarts, turns off, bogs etc.
Search tags for this page
caller cannot hear me on htc droid eris
can not hear caller cell phone
cannot hear caller on htc one x me
htc cell phone will not let callers hear me
htc one caller cant hear me
mobile phone caller cant hear me
my htc inspire cellphone cannot be heard on other end
no one can hear me clearly when speaking on my droid 2

no one can hear me on my htc inspire

people can barely hear me on my cell phone

people can barely hear me on my cell phone what is wrong