Caller can not hear me.

vtrider159

Reaction score
I have replacement droid #2, I had it a day and a half and callers could not hear me. I am having a very unpleasant time with these phones, but now this is rediculous.

This issue makes one think the phone is on mute or something like that but it isn't.

The first droid I had went completely useless after the 2.1 upgrade and was so slow I had to get this current phone. Both of these phones force close all apps and hone screens do not respond at all, so no apps are loaded onto my current replacement.

VZW sent the third one and fedex delivered it to the wrong address, so now they are hunting the third one down.

Of course, the replacement phones are 'like new' which in realty are used IMO.

Until #3 is found by fedex, is there any way I can get the POS to work as a phone since it cannot do anything else?

I 'reset' the brick twice and got nowhere. The VZW tech monkeys offer no help and just keep sending replacements to people. A guy yesturday in the store was on droid #5 and just paid the early term fee and left.

I talked to a customer service woman and she said after 3 replacements, I can exchange the thing which I probably will do if #3 sh*ts the bed.

Any help or tips will be helpful.....thanks in advance. 5 trips to the store and 7 resets later, all I want is a phone lol.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I called my wife. She said she could barely hear me. I hung up, called again and she could hear me clear as a bell.

I don't think it's the phone, I think it's the transmission and that would have more to do with cell towers.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same. I dumped my live wallpapers and a couple more apps and I swear I am on day four with no issues. Plus my phone is much faster. But this is also the last chance for my droid. I use my phone a lot.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with what's being said. I want to add:

- make sure to hold the phone so you're speaking right into the mic
- try lowering in call volume
- reboot every 3 days
- as has been said, installing a lot of stuff like live wallpapers, widgets, automated task killers, antivirus is too much for the phone to handle and it can may degrade performance...though it's not supposed to.

OP
vtrider159

vtrider159

Reaction score
Nobody can hear me, voicemails do not recognize me either.

6 resets and 3 droids later, I'm done with resets, reboots, making sure the wind is blowing to the east etc.

I found out 3 phones is all they give and then I can exchange the droid for a phone that works.

My 3rd one is sitting in a fedex depot because verizon screwed up the address. The present 'like new' replacement started this after a day and a half.

I went on vacation with nobody hearing me and used the GF's phone, its rediculous. I would have had the 3rd phone already if I were not away.

The 2.1 update was a joke after all the hype and buzz, live wallpapers and a fancy picture gallery turned these things useless.

The VZW store is full of people with the same issues. The woman told me they orfer around 7 to 10 replacements droids a day.

VZW shouldv'e stayed with 2.01 or whatever on the droid and gave 2.1 to faster phones.

I am going to have to pick a phone out to replace this pos with, it'll maybe make me feel better about paying for a data plan and having a phone that can dial and load emails without fail.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
So people can't hear you at all?

That's never happened to me. Once in a while, someone complains that I'm muffled/echoed. Turning on speakerphone (sometimes just toggling it on/off) fixes it as does using bluetooth.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Like I said mine has improved. When you ad apps from the market no telling what the developers are doing to your phone. I have only one complaint in four days and counting. Either I am lucky, the deleted apps helped or Verizon has added an update I don't know about. I got my fingers crossed. It improved once before and then I added a live wallpaper and everything went south from there. Clear out some memory people. For those who are complaining what are you running?

mgraham1930

Reaction score
I have had the same issue since day one. I am on my second Droid also.
Ridiculous and obviously Verizon will do nothing about this issue and it looks like Motorola have the same attitude as Verizon. It seems like their answer is “Just ignore them and they will go away. They already got our money and that’s all that they care. Two more BIG GREEDY USELSS Corporations.
It’s amazing that they stay in business but eventually it will catch up with them. There are more issues and problems with the Droid, it really should be rendered a Dud or a Faulty product and they should all be recalled and scrapped because that’s where they belong, in the trash. I have not seen or had a more unstable, useless electronic device in my life. It is so bad, how can they advertize it as a phone. It’s a “ROCK” and I will throw my rock in the next lake I pass by so it can never be seen again. Good rhythms to it, to USELESS Verizon and to the newly USELESS Motorola.

OP
vtrider159

vtrider159

Reaction score
I feel the same, I am still waiting for pone #3, verizon screwed up my address and its out there floating somewhere. I really don't want it and was thinking of activating an old lg phone and being done with this whole running in circles thing.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
We're really talking about callers not hearing you AT ALL? If so, that's a serious defect and you should take it back to the verizon store.

OP
vtrider159

vtrider159

Reaction score
Nothing, I went to the verizon circus called the store and they sent me a replacement a week and a half ago which I have yet to recieve becuase they screwed the address up. A week and a half of no calls or apps and counting.

The phone I can't be heard on is a replacement and started this a day and a half after I got it.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, well it sounds to me like defective phone or bad coverage. I'm guessing you can hear the people so that makes me think your phone was broken--not a signal problem. Get that replacement.

baddeye

Reaction score
My wife and I just received the 2.1 update on our HTC Eris phones. Among other problems, hers is having this exact one. Coverage is fine, we can text back and forth no problem. But when she makes or receives a phone call, it's dead silent on both ends. My phone seems to work fine.

Still looking for a fix on this.