Call Volume and speaker hardly working

lshall

Reaction score
Just got my Droid 2 Global the other day and everything was working fine. I updated to 2.2 last night at after that my call speaker was not working. I can barely hear anything and the speaker phone doesn't work either

solar

Reaction score
I would probably try doing a hard reset if restarting the phone didn't do anything.

OP
L

lshall

Reaction score
Called customer support and they said to take it to a store. So I drove 35 minutes to the local Verizon Store and all they did was take the battery out and put it back in. How come the woman on the phone couldn't say this? I don't know, but thats an hour's worth of gas never getting back ;)

Lenagainster

Reaction score
... I drove 35 minutes to the local Verizon Store and all they did was take the battery out and put it back in. How come the woman on the phone couldn't say this? ... ;)
The woman did you a BIG favor. If she had told you over the phone to do a battery pull, the problem would have been solved, and you wouldn't have given it much thought. Then when something else went awry, you would have been fussing and stewing about the new problem and probably forgotten all about the battery pull. As it stands now, you will never forget about trying a power down and battery pull first, before driving to a Verizon store for some help. You have been saved from a lot of future frustration. And you can apply this lesson to your PC. The next time it acts up, try a shutdown and restart and it may clear up some of the problems. :)

METALdroid666

Reaction score
LOW VOLUME in ear speaker durring calls

I've searched the web high and low for an answer to this issue: During calls, incoming or outgoing, the in ear speakers volume is so low its unusable. The speaker phone works fine, we're talking about the piece you hold to your ear. I've cleaned it, I've checked ALL the settings, I've done a manual reboot, I've taken the battery out while in use, I've done a factory reset, i've even had my ears checked and cleaned to prove it wasn't human error. I found a friend who had the same DROID 2 and compared call volume to find his was a lot louder. I brought it to Verizon and they sent me a "like new" one in the mail. The volume worked fine until about a week later, when the volume went quiet like my first phone. This is where I'm at now... I don't want to keep bringing my phone in to get a "new" one every week. It leads me to believe that I may be using an app that interferes with the phone programing? I don't root my phone or anything, but somebody has to have a better answer for us aside from "blown speaker" or "use a BT headset (this doesn't fix anything on the phone)". Somebody has to have an answer for why so many of these "expensive" phones keep failing

gingerblitz

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!

i registered for these forums just to tell you how much i LOVE YOU! i wouldn't have thought removing the battery would have done anything but it fixed my volume/speaker issue! - my boss was getting very annoyed with my inability to take calls

whenever i have issues, i end up getting to these forums from google and the answer is somehow always here - yay!