Call speaker tinny

VooDooCC

Reaction score
When I got the phone a month ago, all was great. Now, I don't know if it's because I've been getting more calls to finally notice or what.
The issue is that when I'm on the phone with someone I have to have it on the lowest possible volume setting, or the speaker sounds very tinny and distorted. If I go up more than 2 notches I can't even understand the other person.
I've never had the other person complain at all.
I tried the ##7764726 thing to change it to the evrc-b and that didn't help at all.

solar

Reaction score
thats odd. rebooting doesn't help either? you might try a hard reset or just contact verizon for a replacement. If a hard reset doesn't fix it, then its gotta be a hardware issue.

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I haven't done a hard reset, but rebooting and battery pulls don't help it any.

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
Sounds more like the hardware. Just take it back to the store and they should replace it.

solar

Reaction score
I would. I have seen weird software issues that may seem like hardware issues. I'm not sure how they deal with items not purchased directly from them, but you can try to take it to them and see what they say. If not it seems like the seller would replace it if its defective.

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Just to update, I went to the Verizon store, and they overnighted me a refurb since they were out in store.