call screen display question

JoeyLS319

Reaction score
hello all

This is my first posting here so be gentle.

I just got the Motorola Droid two weeks ago and love it. I've been reading alot of the threads and have learned a few things so with that I say thank you.

here's my question.

When I dial someone and talk to them, the screen goes dark (blank) and I would like it to stay "lit" up. Is there a way to keep it from dimming out?

Thanks ahead of time

Joey

scoder

Reaction score
It only goes black because there is a light sensor. Try pulling it away from your face as you're on a call, you'll see the screen light back up again. This is to prevent you from touching icons (3-way calling, muting, speaker-phone, watching dirty videos, etc) with your cheek. If you are experiencing issues with the screen not lighting back up when you pull it away, go to the app loader, settings, sound and display, screen timeout, and change it to 2 minutes or higher. I have mine on 30 minutes and manually lock it whenever I'm done using the phone and I never have sensor issues.

cpinto

Reaction score
hello all

This is my first posting here so be gentle.

I just got the Motorola Droid two weeks ago and love it. I've been reading alot of the threads and have learned a few things so with that I say thank you.

here's my question.

When I dial someone and talk to them, the screen goes dark (blank) and I would like it to stay "lit" up. Is there a way to keep it from dimming out?

Thanks ahead of time

Joey

Also be sure your fingers are not near the prox sensor which is on the upper left corner when facing the screen.

In bright light, or if your finger is anywhere near the sensor, the screen may not come back on or may hesitate when you bring it away from your face.

Many of the sensors are set too sensitive.