Call Recording App Help

Maddy30

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
For most calls I use a Motorola Roadster 2 visor mounted (blue-tooth) speaker. I’ve tried several; the one that seemed the best was “Call Recorder” by Clever Mobile (Upgraded PRO version @$5.99). HOWEVER, it’s not reliable. Randomly, after reporting a call has been successfully saved, it turns out that from time to time the message “Sorry the player does not support this type of audio file” makes a review of the call impossible and what was needed as proof of what was said is lost. I need both sides of conversations recorded. I need a format that can be opened by any windows application; such as “.wav” Also, it would be ideal if a recording can be played during a phone with a 3rd party who has a “need to know”. What would be the best selection for me to use? Cost does not bother me if it’s 100% reliable and meets the above objectives.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Make sure you're familiar with State and local laws in your location and the location of the person you're talking to. In many places, it is illegal to record a phone conversation with someone without giving them prior knowledge. This is why many customer service lines will tell you that your call may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance/etc.

Don't break the law.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Make sure you're familiar with State and local laws in your location and the location of the person you're talking to. In many places, it is illegal to record a phone conversation with someone without giving them prior knowledge. This is why many customer service lines will tell you that your call may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance/etc.

Don't break the law.
Federal will trump the state/local. First Amendment comes to mind.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Federal law and many state wiretapping statutes permit recording if one party (including you) to the phone call or conversation consents. Other states require that all parties to the communication consent. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to tell which law applies to a communication, especially a phone call.May 14, 2014

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Depending on your state..you can always record your phone calls..but they may not always be able to be used as evidence or go to anything more than hear say... But in certain states even recording a phone call without consent can be a crime..as I recall...but I'm not sure..

OP
Maddy30

Maddy30

Reaction score

Don't break the law.
Hi Jonny,
Thanks for your answer and don´t worry I won´t break the law. =-) It is not illegal where I am. I checked already. Do you know of any apps that cover what I mentioned in my first message? Thanks in advance! :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm afraid I don't. I've never had occasion to need to record any of my conversations. Sorry to hijack your thread. Just looking out for ya!

OP
Maddy30

Maddy30

Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't. I've never had occasion to need to record any of my conversations. Sorry to hijack your thread. Just looking out for ya!
No problem! :p.. I appreciate it. Just a quick question. are you familiar with ADB?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Unfortunately, not enough to help you. I've used ADB for simple little things, but haven't really used it for at least 4-5 years, with the exception of pushing Lollipop to my Nexus 7 ahead of the OTA.

OP
Maddy30

Maddy30

Reaction score
I've used adb a little. What questions do you have?

Tapped from a Nexus 6
Oh Thank goodness! ha ha..No one has been able to help me..the issue is this...I typed in this code except that the 1234 part is where I put in my password...it worked just fine a few days ago and now nothing. Could it have been that some drivers were erased? If you could give me an easy to execute answer you would be a life saver thanks.

“List of devices attached
emulator -5554 device”
adb shell input text 1234
adb shell input keyevent 66

All command executed successfully but i can’t see anything in my PC

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
What are you trying to achieve with these commands? Most of my experiences with ADB are with push, pull & flash. Haven't used shell

Tapped from a Nexus 6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I use Call Recorder ACR and it works great. You can set it up so that it automatically starts recording as soon as you answer or make a call. It's currently not active on my device as I only needed it a few times when speaking to my Dr last month, but it worked really well those few times I needed it.
Call Recorder - ACR - Android Apps on Google Play
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

kislyboot

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G
Twitter
@rosagreen
Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder is also a great voice recorder app. It allows you to save the recordings as WAV or 3GP.