1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Call quality

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by cvadh387, Jul 12, 2011.

1. cvadh387

cvadh387 New Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has this issue with their charge:

Earlier today, i called my work with the charge and they told me they could barely hear me. They told me it sounded like i was in a tunnel or something. Then i tried to use my speakerphone. When i talked through the speaker phone, they said i sounded like i was farther away... They were clear on my end though.

A few hours later, My dad had to meet me somewhere so he had called to see where i was. When he called, he could barely understand me as well. He said there was like a high pitched scratching noise or tone that came out everytime i talked and that there was static.. My dad called my charge from a tmobile phone..and when i called work, they called from their company. Dont know how relevant that info is but i just thought i might add that in.

I read around online and found out that some phone cases affect the call quality and since i had a case on mine i took it off. Later on at home, i tested the phone again.. I had my dad call my phone from a separate room of the house and everything seemed fine..but im only assuming everything was fine because we were still near each other.

Has anyone else had this kind or similar problems with call quality? I can hear the callers fine, but it seems like the callers cant hear me well. Also, my bf has the thunderbolt and when he calls me, we both hear each other fine, except maybe for when hes in a car and driving because i can hear static but i guess thats normal.

But yea..does anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?? Or what were the things you did? Btw, my phone is not rooted. Dont know if that information is relevant either. Im sorta thinking about exchanging my phone for another charge or try out the thinderbolt...replies are appreciated..thanks!
  2. ajb3985

ajb3985 New Member

Give it another day at least. Keep the case off of it n see how it goes. Ive never had a problem with mine. If it works great without the case then try the case again to see if it really is the case

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. lynnba

lynnba New Member

I am a new Charge owner and am experiencing terrible call quality too! I am not using a case. It's bad to the level where it is not viable to use for a call of any importance or length. I'm wondering if it is the 4g network in Dallas--are they dedicating too much of the bandwidth to data? Or is it the phone? And I thought Sprint was bad in Dallas!
  4. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 New Member

I have no problems art all and I'm using a case, not sure what would cause that

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  5. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Try to see if go to your dialer and press ##7764726 then a menu should pop up go to call options look for voice quality... Pick evrc b option... However if you reboot the option will default to evrc c again...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. sandbagger40

sandbagger40 New Member

I've had the same problems with mine. I got it on 6/18 and had a case on it from the beginning. No real issues at first, but recently it has gotten really bad! dropped calls, static, ear-piercing screeching noise, screen freezes up and the only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. Took it to the Verizon store today and they did a factory restore on it and we'll wait and see if that fixes it. If not, it's going back!
  7. cvadh387

cvadh387 New Member

Ajb3985 - ive been keeping the case off..but at the same time, i havent really made any important calls with it lol. The other day i had to call my dog's vet and schedule an appt, but i used my other phone because i was worried they wouldnt hear me. I shouldve tested it out though :p but i called my dad again and this time we were really far apart and it seemed fine..so i dont know what happed that other time...

Comk4ver - i heard about that..my bf emailed me instructions on how to do that but i havent gotten around to it yet.. If i get this problem again then ill try it out

Sandbagger40 - good luck..let me know how it goes! What you described, pretty much is the same with my phone..at least the static part and ear piercing screeching noise..for the other caller at is..because most of the time i can hear them just fine..so weird..
  8. sonyjohn

sonyjohn New Member

Hello

Call quality is actually depending on the service provider if they uses the better network resolution and bandwidth prospects,its parameters should be associated with a group of quality components.The service providers with international standards are dealing with some great service,i ve used xxsim in different nations while roaming its a option.
Search tags for this page
call charges
call quality on samsung droid charge i510
droid charge call quality issues settings
droid charge voice quality

droid charge voice quality bad

fixsamsung charge voice quality
motorola photon call quality

samsung charge voice quality

samsung droid charge call quality

samsung droid charge voice quality