Call Quality? Report, if you please.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
My call quality is amazing. Before this phone, I had a lot of Samsungs which had me saying "what" a lot and really muffled calls. I experienced the same with my LG Dare. But on this phone, it sounds as though I am on a landline phone- and people have told me they couldn't believe I was on a cellphone while talking to them because they could hear me clearly as well! Very clear call quality in comparison to my Dare and the various other Samsung and LG phones I have owned. I'm not sure why some people are having an issue with this, unless they're used to amazing-quality phones I have never experienced!

wase4711

Reaction score
hate to say it, but I am one of those suffering form horrible call quality; both my wife's incredible and mine have the same issue..
its not signal strength, but the sound of the calls.
This is a documented issue with many people, and even HTC has acknowledged this to me, and they are working on a firmware fix for it..
I really wanted to love this phone, but, its gotta make good phone calls for me to keep it

Here is the replay I recently got from them regarding this problem.

"Hi, I’m Caylen, and I’ll be glad to assist you today.

We are currently aware of this issue and working to address this is in the next MR (ROM update). Like all ROM updates, we cannot provide the exact date for an expected release, as there may be delays that are out of HTC’s control.

Thank you for contacting HTC America Technical Support. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any future questions. Also, I would like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at http://survey.htc.com/worldwide."

PaulRivers

Reaction score
I've found the call quality rather mediocre. People sound kind of robotic - it's always difficult to describe, it's like similar tones are just mushed together to much. I can tell what they're saying, but I strain to do it, whereas on a good phone I don't even think about it. It gets worse if you're talking to someone else on a mobile phone.

I haven't had any background static or anything though.

I've had just as many people ask me to repeat myself when I'm talking on the Incredible as I have with other phones.

I think it won't drop the call as soon as other phones, but I think that's just that it will hold onto an unusable call longer. I haven't been impressed with the reception either, but that's also a topic for a different thread.

The volume is adequate but not exceptional either. As someone else described it, you could hear if you're in the back of a taxi cab, but if you're sitting at a table at a restaurant with people talking around you (say the person you're talking to is having trouble finding the restaurant they're trying to you at) it's not loud enough.

I was sitting in a bar/restaurant yesterday (no music, just people talking). The reception was borderline. I tried to listen to a voicemail someone left me - I could barely hear it, and there were some dropouts while listening.

I borrowed a friends phone who also had Verizon. She had a Motorola Entice W766, or at least that's what I think it was based on what it looked like. It was definitely a Motorola. With her phone, it was loud enough, the voices were easier to understand, and I didn't get any dropouts (because of reception) while listening to the message.

Last edited: