Call Quality... Random moments, other party cant hear me

altjx

Reaction score
Very weird situation here and I'd seriously hate to think I have a defective device, so I'm hoping someone else knows what I'm talking about.

Anyways, during random conversing on the phone, sometimes someone may be talking or asking me a question and I'd answer them, and next thing you know, I hear them going "Hello?" and I'm like "You didn't hear me?" and they're telling me no.

I even find the other person cutting me off quite frequently, and I've just come to realize it's probably because they didn't hear me speaking so they started. FYI, I am not speaking low or too far away from the phone, because I do not get any closer or further during the whole conversation.

It just started this today, not sure what the issue is, but it's annoying as hell and makes it hard to have a consistent conversation without a "Hello?" every 5-10 minutes.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If you are in an area with a weak signal then part of your conversation may be cut off. There are a few areas near me (I live in the boonies) where the signal can be sketchy. Whenever I am in these areas, I will be able to still hear the other person but realize they can't hear me. Often times, if I don't catch it in time (to move where it's a better connection), I will lose the call a few seconds later. Other times, I manage to stay connected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
If you are in an area with a weak signal then part of your conversation may be cut off. There are a few areas near me (I live in the boonies) where the signal can be sketchy. Whenever I am in these areas, I will be able to still hear the other person but realize they can't hear me. Often times, if I don't catch it in time (to move where it's a better connection), I will lose the call a few seconds later. Other times, I manage to stay connected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

That would explain it. Thanks!