Call quality is utter garbage

mitchb2

Reaction score
Even with a network extender the phone is useless. Nobody can hear me, they say it cuts in and out.

Crap. AND it drops calls...with a network extender! And we're smack in the middle of an area that is flooded with signal.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
You kidding me? Call quality has been the best I've ever had. And people tell me I have insane hearing. I have the volume as low as it can go and it's so loud and clear that I can't keep my ear on the phone cuz it's so loud. I ask people how I sound vs my OG Droid and they tell me a lot better. People would always tell me I sound crappy on my OG DRoid (even with ERVC-B).

I've tested this in 3 other places too, audio quality has been the best I've ever had.

n0yxl

Reaction score
Even with a network extender the phone is useless. Nobody can hear me, they say it cuts in and out.

Crap.

Sorry to hear about your call quality issues. I would go to a VZW store and get an exchange.

I've actually had better call performance than my old D1; and that phone was pretty good!

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Does Verizon even have live chat for support? I can't call them because my $250 phone is worthless.

n0yxl

Reaction score
You kidding me? Call quality has been the best I've ever had. And people tell me I have insane hearing. I have the volume as low as it can go and it's so loud and clear that I can't keep my ear on the phone cuz it's so loud. I ask people how I sound vs my OG Droid and they tell me a lot better. People would always tell me I sound crappy on my OG DRoid (even with ERVC-B).

I've tested this in 3 other places too, audio quality has been the best I've ever had.

I agree with you about call performance. He may, and probabably has a bad phone.

drewdown757

Reaction score
definitely go into your nearest store, i just got my thunderbolt today and the call quality on it so far is as clear as can be...

Raptor007

Reaction score
Sorry you are having issues, but my TB is working perfectly. My calls have all been very clear and better than my last few phones. Could be a bum phone or something else.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Actually, something is going on. None of our 4 phones can make calls. They either drop, or the person at the other end says the dropouts are unbearable.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
You said you were using a network extender yes? I have the latest Samsung network extender right next to me and in all honesty the reliability of that thing isn't all that great. It requires weekly restarts - try unplugging the power supply, wait 30 seconds, plugging it back in. My Thunderbolt loves my network extender. Not having any problems with it.

I bet you that's the problem. No way 4 random Thunderbolts are all having the same problem.

n0yxl

Reaction score
Actually, something is going on. None of our 4 phones can make calls. They either drop, or the person at the other end says the dropouts are unbearable.

Good to know that it's not your brand new Thunderbolt though ehh?

Maybe try rebooting your modem and router if under a network extender.

stevenas

Reaction score
I'm getting AMAZING call quality. And it's really loud (I have the in-call volume set low).

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I have a struggle ahead. We had zero service when we moved in. bought the extender, and still no service. I don't have service until I get about a mile away. I think I'm going to have to seek termination of contract.

trebb

Reaction score
Then you need to find a provider that has better service for your house. If you knew you had crappy service, why would you come here spouting off about how the phone sucks?

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Then you need to find a provider that has better service for your house. If you knew you had crappy service, why would you come here spouting off about how the phone sucks?

At least you spent time to "spout off" about something stupid and pointless.