call me paranoid...

sniper8752

Reaction score
when i go to enable the better keyboard, is says:
"this input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application better keyboard. use the input method?"
anyone got any "input" on this? =D is it safe? i'd rather not be tracked around the web or anywhere lol

thanks!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it's just a warning... any of the alternate keyboards have this warning when installing.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
still better to be a lil cautious then just click away without reading the warnings!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Martin +1 for caution.

@sniper Swiftkey (paid app in Market) is nice and Swype (free for Swype) is fun as well

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
when i go to enable the better keyboard, is says:
"this input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application better keyboard. use the input method?"
anyone got any "input" on this? =D is it safe? i'd rather not be tracked around the web or anywhere lol
As stated above, all keyboard apps will. Think about what a keyboard app does.

Also, consider the whole picture. What permissions did the app ask for that had to do with communicating? If not, how would a malicious developer have access to the logged keystrokes without any method of communication? Is the malicious developer going to drop by and ask to borrow your phone? :D

It's a common topic.

still better to be a lil cautious then just click away without reading the warnings!
Reading is only half the battle. Understanding what it all means is the bigger part.

A lot of permissions and warnings may sound scary but you have to consider more than just the warning itself out of context.