Call log showing wrong call time?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I have calls received from between 24 and 48 hours ago reporting on the log as "yesterday", however it also reports calls from now to less than 24 hours ago as the actual number of hours ago...

I actually watched a call received on Monday at 4:25pm on the log turn over to "2 days ago" at 4:25pm today. I looked at it at 4:23pm and it said "yesterday", but I looked at it again at 4:25pm today and it said "2 days ago".

So, tell me, if a call comes in on Monday at 6:35pm, and it's now 6:23pm on Wednesday, shouldn't it say 2 days ago instead? I mean, technically it has to be beyond 48 hours to really be 2 days ago (or more), but common use of the term "yesterday" means anytime before midnight of the previous day, so if someone told me something happened 2 days ago, I would expect that to mean Monday, not Sunday. The use of "yesterday" is therefore misleading since I was looking for a call received yesterday, but was actually viewing calls received the day prior.

Please check your phone logs and click on the oldest of the "yesterday" calls to see if it was more than 24 hours ago, but less than 48. I am running a Moto Droid Verizon 2.1.

This is a strange representation of time in my opinion. How bout you?

Last edited:

suchko

Reaction score
I also have this issue. Any calls with times between 24-48 hours ago say "Yesterday" which means Thursday 12:01 AM that all calls made on Tuesday were yesterday. Verizon is sending me a new phone to fix this!!! LOL

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah Suchko, mine had other issues including battery running down to completely dead after only a few hours, one phone call, and no other use. I took it in and while the tech and I were trying to get it back to a functioning state, it hard reset on its own!

He ordered me a new phone and I received it last weekdancedroid (mine had some scratches from a fall out of the case I was using, so I am happy to have a shiny new one), but alas, the same problem with the 24-48 hour old phonelogs showing as "Yesterday":icon_evil:.

This must be an Android thing, and perhaps it was addressed in Froyo, but that remains to be seen. It's a funny oversight to say the least, since generally to anyone I have asked, the term "yesterday" means any time prior to 12:00am (midnight) - which is technically the start of the new day. I am looking at a call on my log right now, it's 5:16pm on Friday 7/9/2010 at the moment, and the call on my log was missed at 9:45pm on Wednesday, 7/7/2010, yet the log represents it as "yesterday". :icon_eek:

Also, as you mentioned any call received in the last 24 hours simply shows how many hours ago. Very strange.

Unfortunately, I don't think your new phone is going to show any differently.

Phil