Call from "Outbound_GVP"...what is this?

ARAMP1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
In the past few days, I've been getting a call, usually around 1030 in the morning, with the only information saying "Outbound_GVP". After it stops ringing, it won't show up in the missed calls/call history. I've found very little with my google-fun search skills. I have a Samsung S5 running android 6.0.1 on Verizon. Any ideas what it is or how to stop it?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 312

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Do you have Google Voice installed (GVP = Google Voice Phone)? Google Voice has a call forwarding feature that allows the calls to your Google Voice number to be routed to your Verizon cellular number through call forwarding. It also has an outbound call process that actually makes the call with your Google Voice number, then it calls your cellular number as an incoming call and connects the call. I'm thinking the second one is what's happening. It's just now figuring out why you're making outbound calls. Could you be pocket dialing?

Go into your Verizon bill online and look for calls from a strange area code at the time these calls come in. Then Google search that phone number and you'll find it comes back as Google.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Wow, never would have guessed that. I don't have, nor ever have had google voice. Never installed or set up. Definitely not pocket dialing. It'll ring just sitting on the table. I'll check my bill/call logs though to see if there's anything there. Thanks for the info.