Call Back Number in text bubble

Purplfreak

Reaction score
I am new to galaxy s4 and wondering if someone can tell me how to remove call back numbers from contacts in text bubbles on 4.3 os? It is not on all contacts...only a few, and I can not find any commonality between them ie: favorites, etc. Thanks

GVLBob

Reaction score
On my S4 and for the stock Messaging app.

In Settings, there is a Callback number section at the very bottom. There is a "Turn on callback number" setting that can be turned on or off. But that is for YOUR callback number.

Can you share a screenshot?

OP
Purplfreak

Purplfreak

Reaction score
I'm pretty tech savvy and have already checked settings...callback number is already unchecked, indicating the feature is off. As mentioned..it's not on all contacts...just a few.

ForumRunner_20131109_171909.png

GVLBob

Reaction score
Aren't these Call Back Numbers being shared by those sending you messages?

In this case, THEY would need to change a setting in their phones to remove the Call Back Number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Purplfreak

Purplfreak

Reaction score
Hahahaha...no wonder I can't figure out how to turn it off. Guess I'm not as tech savvy as I thought. Lol

GVLBob

Reaction score
I'm just glad you had something simple to solve. Others around here are having problems that are MUCH more difficult to fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kyle10

Reaction score
cb message

I believe there might actually be a way to solve this even though it can be switched off from the other side. My old s3 did it when I updated once and they started showing up on most of my text and I searched around and found a way to take it off on it so it might work for this one too. No promises but if your rooted someone can give it a shot and give info on if it works. Get root browser and navigate to system/Etc/feature default.XML and find these two lines and change the true to false and save them. <CscFeature_Message_EnableCBMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableCBMessage>
And <CscFeature_Message_EnableCBMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableCBMessage>
After changing them on the s3 I had to delete the csc Folder that's in the system folder. It didn't affect it at all on the s3 so I'm thinking it will do fine here too. But anyone really wanting to try give it a shot and tell me if it works out for ya.