Call announce feature

golden_daybreak

Reaction score
I just got the fascinate last week, so I'm still trying to figure all of this out. When I first set up the phone I chose to turn on the call announce feature thinking it would announce once and then ring...it doesn't. I have been trying for the life of me to figure out how to turn the stupid feature off with no luck. Please help....how do I turn call announce off? Thanks Amber :)

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got the fascinate last week, so I'm still trying to figure all of this out. When I first set up the phone I chose to turn on the call announce feature thinking it would announce once and then ring...it doesn't. I have been trying for the life of me to figure out how to turn the stupid feature off with no luck. Please help....how do I turn call announce off? Thanks Amber :)
Kinda lost on this call announce feature you speak of??

what does it do?

OP
G

golden_daybreak

Reaction score
It announces "call from..." and then the name or number of the person calling over and over. It's rather annoying lol!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
It announces "call from..." and then the name or number of the person calling over and over. It's rather annoying lol!
Try Settings->Call Settings-->Caller ID Readout--> Ring only

I do not have a stock Fascinate and have never experienced this but hopefully we can turn it off without master resetting it

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It can be turned off....Wife used to have one.
Not sure of the path to it off hand tho....

R Henry Scott

Reaction score
I have the same problem, and I don't know how it ever got to call announce. However when I went to Settings->Call Settings-->I did not have Caller ID readout or Ring Only selection. What I do have under Call Setting is
Voicemail Service
Voicemail
Ignore with message
Auto retry
DTMF tones
TTY Mode
Voice privacy

Any ideas
Thanks

fughetzer

Reaction score
Voice Input and Output
Text To Speech Settings
Unchecked Driving Mode

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

R Henry Scott

Reaction score
fughetzer
No, that setting was already unchecked. I talked to VZ support and they were baffled, then they got Samsung support involved and they could not figure it out either. Samsung said to do the factory reset, which I am not quite ready for that yet. Still searching.