Calibrate touch/Sensitivity?

fender5803

Reaction score
I find it to sensitive and tough, the screen that is ...

It would be very nice to have it adjustable for sure AND without the very unnecessary "screen protectors". I have had my Droid since Nov. 20th aprox and can not find even the tinniest scratch anywhere on the screen. I am however a little bit careful when cleaning and using it. There is a test of keys hitting the screen on You Tube.
Dtz

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
There must be a way to calibrate the screen, or the screen protector is useless. When installing the droid screen proctector the warning label states "Adjust your phones touch sensitivity through the settings menu.

Fortunately when I'm using the plastic protectors I've not had any issues with touch sensitivity. I did find it curious that there isn't a way to calibrate the screens sensitivity.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
How necessary is a calibration tool on a capacitive display? I mean it's all based on exactly where you touch, there's no getting it wrong other than just poor touch antics. With resistive you have the possibility that where you are applying the pressure, isn't exactly where you are necessarily thinking you are touching, but with capacitive it's touch here respond there, right?

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
How necessary is a calibration tool on a capacitive display? I mean it's all based on exactly where you touch, there's no getting it wrong other than just poor touch antics. With resistive you have the possibility that where you are applying the pressure, isn't exactly where you are necessarily thinking you are touching, but with capacitive it's touch here respond there, right?

That is correct. Perhaps its the fact that I work on POS units for NCR and we calibrate touch screens as part of our diagnostics. I believe in the case with the Droid its probably not necessary to 'have' to calibrate the screen, however adjusting the sensitivity seems reasonable.

arios825

Reaction score
there must be a way to calibrate this thing... that capacitive thing gotta be wrong on my phone... when i try to capitalize my letters holding my phone in vertical position it types a z for me or when i try to type q it types w how ever a is fine... something must be going on, on the left side of my screen kuz when ive been having problems with my return soft button as well

joannesmat003

Reaction score
different versions of Droid

On the updated version (Droid 2.2), there is no calibration. I have one of the first Droids that came out but once I updated my programming, I lost the ability to recalibrate the touchscreen and I also noticed I no longer have the ability to take a picture using the timer. Then again, my friend bought her Droid a couple months before before I did & her keyboard has the raised keys.. I'm guessing all Droids are not alike. All in all, I'm not liking the new programming.

rheisler

Reaction score
I'd love to adjust it. I'd love to kill the bottom row keys when I'm typing because my big monkey fingers route me to home almost everytime. Sort of that id love to adjust their sensitivity ... Maybe via tweak?