Calibrate keyboard?

sierrapup

Reaction score
Is there a way to calibrate the keyboard? Mine has been going crazy (phantom types, multiple letters, weird screen pop ups etc). The problem seems to have gotten worse since installing ICS.

Thanks,
Amy

linuxgator

Reaction score
Is there a way to calibrate the keyboard? Mine has been going crazy (phantom types, multiple letters, weird screen pop ups etc). The problem seems to have gotten worse since installing ICS.

Thanks,
Amy

It sounds more like you've got a digitizer (screen) that's going bad.

tbrand68

Reaction score

Thanks,
Amy

Does it only happen when you have a charger plugged in? That's what mine does...and only in the leaked ICS install. Gingerbread didn't exhibit the issue. (I can go back to .905 and the problem dissappears, but I can live with it cause ICS is so much better).

Just a my 2 cents.

Tim

LauWo

Reaction score
What would the solution be? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the keyboard when phone in regular position doesnt detect the backspace whwn 'pressing' it and flips over to the enterbutton or the m or l. And sometimes phantomletters. No errors when the screen is rotated (hotizontal).
Thanks!

frissenr

Reaction score
What would the solution be? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the keyboard when phone in regular position doesnt detect the backspace whwn 'pressing' it and flips over to the enterbutton or the m or l. And sometimes phantomletters. No errors when the screen is rotated (hotizontal).
Thanks!

Yes, help please! Ive got this problem as well. Sometimes it even takes me five minutes to write a sentence because pressing backspace turns into an L.
Ive already tried resetting keyboard settings but it didnt help. What to do now?

psychgirl89

Reaction score
I need help too! My phone is doing the same thing! I try to press backspace and it hits L every single time - no matter how low I go. I literally have to hit it just right for it to actually backspace. It takes me forever to text! I actually have considered taking it up to Best Buy and having them look at it, but I'd prefer not to wait an hour for them to mess with it and tell me they have no idea what is going on! Any ideas of what I should do?

frissenr

Reaction score
I have had a firmware update yesterday and all of a sudden everything works fine again. So my advice is to just wait for your firmware update to fix the problem. ;)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another question is what keyboard are you using? I'm using Swype Beta and don't have that sort of problem.

frissenr

Reaction score
I a total noob conaidering these things. Id have to chech which keyboard Im using.
I just got an automatic update from Android.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay. So i found this on the internet and its quite helpful. The firmware update hasnt been enables for US users yet so that might be the problem why you didnt understand me. Here's an article that might help you update your 4.1.1 jellybean to 4.1.2. :

Galaxy S3 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXELLB Jelly Bean Firmware [How to Install]

Kind of silly question, but what phone do you have?

If you have a Galaxy S3, then your question will be better answered on the Galaxy S3 area of this forum.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:

LauWo

Reaction score
Okay. So i found this on the internet and its quite helpful. The firmware update hasnt been enables for US users yet so that might be the problem why you didnt understand me. Here's an article that might help you update your 4.1.1 jellybean to 4.1.2. :

Galaxy S3 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXELLB Jelly Bean Firmware [How to Install]

Luckily yesterday I got the message that there was a software update available and now it's updated to 4.1.2. and, as you said, the problem is solved!! Yeay :))