Calibrate Compass turned RED

atwong66

Reaction score
My compass was not accurate, so I started a calibration routine. After turning it several times as instructed, it turn red instead of the green that I was told to expect. What's wrong? Any tried that before?

R

robbyp30

It's happening to me too. I tried doing some research on it but can't really find an exact reason.

leobg

Reaction score
Make sure you are not close to a source of a strong magnetic field when you are doing the calibration.

Last edited:

cellodroid

Reaction score
Had he same problem. Fixed it by being at least 6 feet away from other electronics and by calibrating the phone on a flat surface to make the twisting and turning as even as possible. Calibrated right away. Hopefully that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cruznthru

Reaction score
Droid 2 Global Compass Calibration

The only way i could get mine to calibrate, was to wipe back to factory. It would only calibrate with the keyboard closed, couldn't get it to calibrate with the keyboard extended. It will only calibrate once, if you try to calibrate it twice, it will only turn red.
An extensive three way conversation with a Verizon tech and a Motorola tech was useless. Dont know if this is a bug in the software or what, in my opinion the unit is defective.
You"ll need to wipe the device then, before you sync or install any apps, calibrate the compass.