Calendar

dkofod

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had my Droid for a while now, and still haven't figured out if there is a way to sync my Outlook calendar. I'm almost willing to just start using the Google calendar, but I've heard things regarding privacy issues. Can anyone explain that to me?

Thanks!

OP
D

dkofod

Reaction score
Yes, I have searched the forums, which is why am I asking the question. I am wondering what specific problems people have had with it.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I have no problems.

Settings --> Accounts & Sync --> [your Exchange email address] --> check "Sync Corporate Calendar.

Did that solve it?

lschicky

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had my Droid for a while now, and still haven't figured out if there is a way to sync my Outlook calendar. I'm almost willing to just start using the Google calendar, but I've heard things regarding privacy issues. Can anyone explain that to me?

Thanks!

can you expand on the things you have heard regarding privacy issues?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have a password for Google, correct? I've been using Google for years and not once have I heard about a security issue. So long as you don't give out your password, what exactly is there to worry about?

lschicky

Reaction score
You have a password for Google, correct? I've been using Google for years and not once have I heard about a security issue. So long as you don't give out your password, what exactly is there to worry about?

yeah, that's why I asked what privacy issues they were referring to that had them worried.

If it's the google buzz stuff, that has been corrected, and lesson learned.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Exchange (corporate) and Google calendar. I've not had any problems. I'm interpreting the privacy to mean how Exchange allows one to share a calendar. Is that what you meant? If so, then unless the powers to be at work have a mandate on allowing others to view, add (schedule meetings) etc, I would disallow any sharing.

Mike

lschicky

Reaction score
well you can easily sync Google calendar with outlook. I used to go from outlook to google to my win mobile phone before I gave up on outlook completely. So even if there are work mandates, there are ways to work around. But yeah, I agree, I don't share info unless I have to.

Google calendar you can also do multiple calendars and only share certain ones. I have one that I share with my family, and a personal one for stuff that isn't any of their business.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Install google sync on your PC. It will sync with Outlook. Problem solved :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I use Calwidget on the Droid. It combines multiple calendars for viewing (so I've added my google calender and corporate calendar). I find this to be sufficient. Would be nice if I could get my exchange calendar somehow synced with google for my PC, but I don't think this is possible. I'll have to see if this sync2 does the trick.