Calendar

anteku

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm the owner of a new Pro and just stumbled upon these Forums. Sorry in advance for these newbie questions. I tried to search around and found a few partial solutions. But I wonder if you could give me some advice that's better than the work-arounds I've tried.

The Calendar is the most important function, besides calling, that I need for this phone. It's been a huge disappointment. My Treo, and to a certain extent, my LGEnv3 have a better calendar.

My questions are:

1. The calendar notification happens just once, and the ring is very faint. I maxxed my volume. I also paid for the Nudnik app; this app helps, but it seems to crash often. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

2. There's a minor irritation when I enter the time for a new event. Say I want to put the start time of 3:30 pm. I know I have the option of hitting the +/- keys, but I'd rather type "3:30" rather than hit the +/- all the way. But, to actually type the time, I have to first hit the backspace key to delete the existing time, then hit the alt key twice (the default is character, not numeric!) to get to the numbers. That's a lot of extra keystrokes. I know it's a minor thing, but I can enter the same info in my Treo in about a third of the time. I downloaded the Calendar Pad app, but it just appears to be a cosmetic shell to the stock app. Does anyone have any advice... even if there's a way to reset the default to numeric?

Thanks!

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Calendroid

Try Calendroid in the app store. Seems to work well for me.

OP
A

anteku

Reaction score
Try Calendroid in the app store. Seems to work well for me.

I just installed it and really like how it looks. But there still isn't a way to type in the times, you just have to scroll. Also, it doesn't synch with Google Calendar. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Check out pocketinformant

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Yea man I had the Treo 755p (which I think has the best keyboard ever) I really miss that phone and I can honestly say this Droid Pro is probably the best alternative to the Treo. Sorry I wasn't able to answer any of your questions.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
A

anteku

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip for PocketInformant. I'll give it a shot, although I'm a bit nervous since it's still in beta. I can't afford to have any calendar slip ups for work.

MO3iusONE, I agree. I liked my 650 keyboard way better than my Pro's keyboard. That keyboard I could get into immediately; this one still has a bit of a learning curve.

Thanks, all! Happy turkey day!

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip for PocketInformant. I'll give it a shot, although I'm a bit nervous since it's still in beta. I can't afford to have any calendar slip ups for work.

Don't let the "beta" fool you. PocketInformant (PI) feels and functions like a mature app by most standards. It has a mobile app legacy as a best of breed calendar app going back to Windows Mobile and has a large following of iphone devotees.

The beta version is free (the developer just released the second beta) and an official version is forth coming. I am on the road frequently and really rely on access to my various calendars (work and a couple of personal google calendars). I am very pleased with PI.

OP
A

anteku

Reaction score
I've been trying out PocketInformant. I like it a lot, although it won't sync with Google. Seems like a bug that will be fixed in the near future. Looking forward to seeing everything resolved. Thanks again for the tips, everyone.

MindArchr

Reaction score
Is there anyway to restore the Blur calendar? I tried all the tips suggested in the 2.0 thread, but it didn't work (the restoreblur script, renaming the files, clearing data, deleting the asop calendar etc.) and none of it works. The Blur calendar will not open when trying any of these methods .Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

MindArchr

Reaction score
[PARTIALLY SOLVED] I used the restoreblur script to restore BlurCalendar.apk and BlueCalendarProvider.apk
Then I wiped data, cache, and dalvik, rebooted, and now the BlurCalendar is installed and viewable, but force closes when I try to add an event.

Last edited:

roboots21

Reaction score
Hmm .. maybe I will have to try this and see if I get force closes when trying to add an event. I wanted the blur calendar back also. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

MindArchr

Reaction score
What 'data' did you clear? not like factory data reset right?

Sorry, I should have been more clear on the instructions. Using D2 Bootstrapper, I did wipe data/factory reset. I should have mentioned that the method I used should only be done on fresh installs because of course if someone didn't want to wipe, they'd end up pretty annoyed at factory resetting when they didn't want to. I only needed the Blur calendar to work with Pocket Informant and Android Agenda Widget, because I liked the 'Phone Storage' calendar as opposed to syncing with Google calendars, so the force closing isn't an issue (as I know it will be for some) for me, as long as I was able to at least install it.

MindArchr

Reaction score
I should also note I am still a little new at this. I've only been flashing, changing icons, etc for about a month. It may not be necessary to wipe the data, but only the cache/delvik.