Calendar widget???

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Business Calender Free has a widget that is 4x4 and shows the whole month. It also shows all of your appointments for each day on the widget. That's why you don't need to pinch zoom.

It also allows you to assign a function if you tap the widget - I've assigned it to show me my agenda.

It has controls on the bottom of the widget that let you move from month to month without leaving the widget and also allows you to add appointments easier.

I don't honestly know why anyone would use anything else.

Forget appointments from each day...from the Touch Calenders month view, with ONE flick you can be viewing 7 months in advance, or prior. Then with ONE pinch you can be viewing specific days within a month. No settings, no shortcuts, just full reign over the cal from month to year to day to hour with pinch and zoom.

That is the difference

No other calendar on the market can get into and out of that span of time with that minimal of effort.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel like your competing with me. I am perfectly satisfied with Business Calender Free. I feel no need to pay money for another calender.'

I'm not a developer and I have no ties to any company.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
I don't feel that way. Simply exposing the virtues of a product I deem superior. In the same spirit of my pro New England Patriots arguments at the sports bar.

Similarly I am not a dev and have no investment. In fact, for about a 6 month stretch I was running Pure calendar, Touch, Business, and Jorte all at the same time! haha

sustained

Reaction score
Thanks all...trying them all now.
cjsmoove, since you're already trying them all it would be interesting to see which you like best and why. I have used Jorte for a long time and like it but Touch Calendar appears to have some features I will like even better. Thanks for mentioning it Viktor Vaughn.

OP
cjsmoove

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Since trying all these, appreciate the suggestions from all of you, I decided to roll with aCalendar...it's simple, I like the fact that it shows the event on the month view without actually having to tap on the date. Business Calendars , although very nice, month view was transparent and I couldn't read the days or anything else and I didn't see a way to change that. Jorte had a lilttle to much going on for me...good for somebody that has event 20 days out the month. Touch calendar didn't provide a month view, it had parts of the last and upcoming months as well which I didn't care for. Another thing I liked about aCalendar was that it highlighted the date on the widget , it wasn't as fluid scrolling like the some of the other ones though but does the job nonetheless.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you found one you like. My month view on business calender is not transparent so I don't know what you did. I think you have that option though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Had to find a page with bionic....Sorry for Jacking Up the thread.....
I have been offered an upgrade..the Bionic seems to be the Best out right now, aside from the issues I hear and see around the forums...Should I get the Bionic? Or try as hard as it is, to wait for the Prime..lol or Razor....Because looking at the specs....The Bionic is still and will always be a badaxx!

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you get the upgrade?

Wait for the razr and decide then.

Send me a pm I may trade you my perfect Bionic with extended battery and dock for the razr.

Ansa82

Reaction score
I found one called desktop calendar its free and lets you customize size of the widget on your screen

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
I am typing this while looking at my Touch month view....not sure what setting you had it on?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are many choices. Business Calender works perfectly for me so I don't need anything else. Some may want different options - that's why there are different programs.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Calendar

Sorry...I looked again and it's called calendar pad. Once you download and go to set it on your homescreen it gives you the option for sizes. Very useful!!