Calendar sync issues

jdoo

Reaction score
I'm a new Droid user.....I use Entourage for my calendar and I installed Calgoo to sync to Google calendar through ICal. I just screwed up some setting and erased all of my calendar events in all three of those programs. My calendar events are still on my Droid and I have auto sync turned off. My question is this....if I sync the Droid with my google account, will my existing events in the Droid be erased....or will they show up in Google. Thanks everyone.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
jdoo, your calendar events with 'merge' with your Google Account online. in iCal you can also set up to sync with Google. Theres a section under 'delegations' if you would like to sync mutiple calendars on your Google account if you have them. :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
jdoo, your calendar events with 'merge' with your Google Account online. in iCal you can also set up to sync with Google. Theres a section under 'delegations' if you would like to sync mutiple calendars on your Google account if you have them. :)
while this is true, if OP initiated a delete on GMAIL's calendar, there's a large chance that they will get wiped out on the phone too. unfortunately, i don't think you can backup your calendar from your phone.

there isn't much i can suggest at this point. check the market for apps that perform backups and give the sync a try.

OP
J

jdoo

Reaction score
Thanks for both of your responses. Here's where I'm at today. I gave up on trying to recover my lost calendars....and I used a back up to recreate everything up until a week ago. Now I'm using BusySync to get Ical and Google and my Droid to talk nicely together. It works really well. However, the Droid has about 4 of every event on it. Is there a way to erase the calendar info on the Droid with out resetting everything?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for both of your responses. Here's where I'm at today. I gave up on trying to recover my lost calendars....and I used a back up to recreate everything up until a week ago. Now I'm using BusySync to get Ical and Google and my Droid to talk nicely together. It works really well. However, the Droid has about 4 of every event on it. Is there a way to erase the calendar info on the Droid with out resetting everything?
delete it in gmail or do a reset. reset isn't as terrible as it sounds. because you sync with the cloud, you'll just have to reset your account settings and any ringtones, etc. your wallpaper, emails, appointments and apps installed will be retreived automatically.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
while this is true, if OP initiated a delete on GMAIL's calendar, there's a large chance that they will get wiped out on the phone too. unfortunately, i don't think you can backup your calendar from your phone.

there isn't much i can suggest at this point. check the market for apps that perform backups and give the sync a try.

Ahhh, I figured it would at least merge with your account from your phone

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ahhh, I figured it would at least merge with your account from your phone
it's a good thought, but the appointments were synced on both ends and not manually entered on the phone, the deletion statement from the online calendar would probably be reflected in his phone. hard to say how the scenario went down.

OP
J

jdoo

Reaction score
Resolution

Just wanted to let all of you know that I did succeed in clearing the duplicates on my Droid calendar by doing a factory data reset. (Clearing duplicates on my Google calendar did not delete the duplicates on the Droid). I used MyBackup's free app to help in restoring my settings and my apps. It did a pretty good job. It didn't remember my email accounts. Is there a program that does that? I had to re-install some 3rd party programs because it didn't load up their icons. All is all, it went pretty well and didn't take forever to get things back. Thanks for all of your input on this.

sablogger

Reaction score
I'm a new droid user. I have been using a motoq and keep up with my calendar by syncing in microsoft express. I cant syn calender. Also if I want to type documents with droid which app do you use. and can you use aol.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a new droid user. I have been using a motoq and keep up with my calendar by syncing in microsoft express. I cant syn calender. Also if I want to type documents with droid which app do you use. and can you use aol.
You should really open a new thread. Include more description, I'm not really following what you're trying to say.