Calendar Sync issue

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by fishstick600, Jul 17, 2010.

1. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

is anyone else having issues with there gmail calendar? i have my aug schedule set up on my computer but it is completely set up wrong in my droidx.. times are wrong and some events are totally missing? i called verizon tech support which got me nowhere.. i hope its just an issue with gmail and it just needs some time to be worked out
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I've never heard of this issue. There are a few things to try. First just take the sync off your droid and sync again. If that doesn't help try pulling the battery out of the Droid for St least 30 seconds. Restart phone. If that fails then do a factory data reset. On the droid that's in my privacy section of the settings.

This is all a shot in the dark. It makes no sense that your droid is not syncing correctly. Good luck.
  3. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

It seems to have an issue when the event begins one day and ends the following day. I work alot of 24 hour shifts but if i put a 12 hour shift in it syncs fine because the event ends on the same day.
  4. WorldOfJohnboy

WorldOfJohnboy New Member

Do you use outlook and/or Exchange, or is it the GMail sync?

I only ask as I had issues with my Exchange calendars syncing with my Droid X. What I ended up doing (short but sweet version):

1. Exported Exchange Calendar to a local PST file.
    2. Opened Exchange Calendar in a "List" view.
    3. Select all items and delete.
    4. Open up PST calendar backup from step #1 in list view, side-by-side with blank Exchange calendar.
    5. At first, copied 1 item at a time from Backup to "live" Exchange calendar.
    After doing a few 1-by-1, I then just selected the rest and moved them over. Once I did that, I setup the ActiveSync on my Droid X and all of the items worked as they should have. I guess there was some corrupt appointment that may have cause a glitch on the ActiveSync with the DroidX.
  5. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

I have no idea what's wrong with mine. I added a 24 shift in my phone today and it was fine for a few minutes and then it changed to an all day event. But in my gmail calendar on my pc my calendar is set up perfectly. I forgot to call moto today i guess ill do it tomorrow.
Search tags for this page

droidforums support events missing from calender -ics