Calendar Question(s) regarding Event Reminder

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by Draidr, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Draidr

Draidr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,

I'm a new Droid user coming from several Blackberry's being my previous phones. Its a bit of a culture shock but I'm learning at a rapid rate and I'm up to the Challenge. I have a Sprint Samsung Epic but my question is actually about the Calendar feature on all the Android phones.

Since I'm coming from the Blackberry, I was able to schedule Events up the wazoo on my phone.. everything from waking up, preparing for work, when to feed the fish, when to get Milk, write a report, yadda yadda, you get the picture. Everything had a reminder on it and I was able to customize that ringtone for a certain event. IE Beethoven for waking up, Snoop Dogg for feeding the animals, blah blah. The ringtone told me what I needed to do.

However, as far as I can tell, the Droid has only one generalized "notification" sound that is the same for Text messages, Calendar's, Emails, message alerts, etc. Well, Needless to say I was peeved to find out that I'm unable to fine tune my calendar to do what I want.

Now, I've been able to do something similar in terms of customized notifications if I use the default Alarm Clock app. This has +10 Alarms that I can set and use custom tones for each one. However, I'm unable to sync my Daily/weekly/one-shot alarm times with my Calendar so that I can visually see what I have to do each day/hour/week.

At last, my question... (sorry for the chatter, just wanted to be clear)
    So does anyone know of an app that does all that I want from above, or combine (sync) the Alarm Clock information in with the Calendar? Even better yet, does anyone know of a Calendar app that does the Specialized Ringtones AND has a full screen Widget feature?
    =)

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Moved to the Samsung section.

3. Draidr

Draidr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why? Its not a Samsung Epic question. The Calendar Question I have is for ALL Droid Phones. What does it matter what phone I have if the question I have pertains to general use... or its an App question?

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Well, it's not a Droid. It's an Android device and may not have the same settings on each device. The Forum you were in is for general discussion of the Motorola Droid.

I think the best way to solve your issues however may be answered with a generic response.

First, you do realize that you have a Google phone, correct? So your best bet of syncing anything would be to set it up in the Google calendar. As far as your ringtones go I advise you to try an app called ringdroid. It will allow you to make custom tones out of your mp3 files.

The problem is and this is one of the reasons why you were moved, I can't tell you step by step how to make it work on your phone. I believe the app does ask if you want to make it a notification. If that is true then simply say yes and you will see it on the list of notifications you have on the individual settings for your phone.

I hope that helps, if not you will have to wait for someone to come along who knows your device and give you some better information.

5. Draidr

Draidr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for responding Hookbill,

As for my response above, I still feel it shouldn't have been moved to a Phone Specific section of the forum. My question isn't about syncing, using google or a gmail account (which I have), its about customizing the events to specific custom notifications. IE, Cal event 1 for the day is Wake up. I want to wake up to a Beethoven MP3 I have in my phone. On the Android phone (since you seem to be picky about the terminology I use, yet somehow completely miss the point about my original post) I'm unable to customize this event to Beethoven. I'm stuck on whatever default "notification" sound that is used for incoming texts, emails, app alerts, low battery alerts, etc.

So my question is, Is there a feature I'm missing on this particular Droid phone? is there an Application out there that does customizable Alerts tones for Events? Or, is there a Calendar Application out there that will not only show all of my daily/weekly events in a widget AND show my Alarm Clock timed events in it as well? AKA sync the Calendar with the Alarm Clock.