Calendar not syncing

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by natezire71, Mar 23, 2011.

1. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Alright, so ever since 5.0.2, I have been unable to sync my Google Calendar. I'll go into settings, then Accounts and Sync, the click on my Google Account. THEN, I'll tap on Calendar--it starts syncing with the rotating arrows, the stops, and stays there. The arrows are there, but not rotating. Its not Syncing. I can't even do it with Auto Sync Enabled.

Another thing, I've wiped the data from Calendar.apk, and Calendar Storage. Reboot, then try to sync, and still a no go.

2. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Bump. Please?

3. Shinken

Shinken New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been fighting this problem for a few months, and have found a simple - but annoying - solution that seems to work for me. If I turn my Droid X off and then restart it (powercycling), the calendar syncs w/my gmail calendar. It works for a while and then back to square one. If it continues to work, I will just begin restarting the Droid X just before I put it into the charger every night.

FYI, here are solutions frequently posted on forums that I tried and which didn't work for me:

1. Clearing the Calendar
    2. Resetting the Droid X to factory settings - a real pain as I had to re-download several apps, reconfigure the shortcuts on the desktop/home, and more. Worked for a while, but in retrospect, that may have been because the Droid was powercycled during the process.
    3. Added a temp gmail account and then deleted it

Since the Droid X synched flawlessly before updating to a newer Droid OS, I suspect that this is an issue with the OS. Regardless, considering the multitude of posts on this issue, it should be a top-priority item for Google developers to address and I wonder why they are completely silent on this matter. Calendar synching to a gmail calendar should be flawless and unbreakable.

Search tags for this page
my samsung galaxy s5 calendar will not sync with my google calendar
sync calendar information to samsung galaxy s5

xoom calendar not syncing