calendar gone after lib v.7 update

Virtue83

Reaction score
hi everyone. hope this isn't too much of a noob question. i just flashed v.7 over v.6 liberty gb without data/cache wipe and now the calendar is just completely gone. liberty customizer doesn't have an option to install blur calendar or aosp calendar anymore... did anyone else experience that? also... is the gmail not syncing automatically a problem with gb or liberty or just my phone? i know other people have had issues...

derekschaffer13

Reaction score
I use calander from beautiful Widgets. It shows the date but with t sync to any calenders

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pcpimp

Reaction score
hi everyone. hope this isn't too much of a noob question. i just flashed v.7 over v.6 liberty gb without data/cache wipe and now the calendar is just completely gone. liberty customizer doesn't have an option to install blur calendar or aosp calendar anymore... did anyone else experience that? also... is the gmail not syncing automatically a problem with gb or liberty or just my phone? i know other people have had issues...

I had the same issue. I restored calendar storage with titanium bk. Opened accounts, gmail unchecked and rechecked calendar and it worked again

Sent from my DX Liberated GB V.7

derekschaffer13

Reaction score
How did u restore it. The only option it gives me is uninstall

billyfj

Reaction score
I have not had any of these problems going thru any versions of Liberty GB. I don't know if I'm lucky. But I do a data wipe, cache wipe, Dalvik cache wipe twice each before every flash of the new versions. I go back thru the customizer every-time and have my Calendar on the Blur Version and my messaging, gallery and camera are all on Aosp and I don't seem to have any problems

OP
V

Virtue83

Reaction score
Wipe Data/Cache Re-install fixed e'rything

Thanks billy, that solved everything for me too. I went from .6 to .7 without wiping the data/cache and experienced these issues. Flashed .7 over .7 this time with clearing the data/cache and everything is golden. My sync issue as I stated in another thread I believe was related to me being ignorant and not realizing I had sync off on my power widget. Hope this helps anyone that was having same issues as me...

billyfj

Reaction score
Thanks billy, that solved everything for me too. I went from .6 to .7 without wiping the data/cache and experienced these issues. Flashed .7 over .7 this time with clearing the data/cache and everything is golden. My sync issue as I stated in another thread I believe was related to me being ignorant and not realizing I had sync off on my power widget. Hope this helps anyone that was having same issues as me...

No problem. I keep seeing several different posts about the calendar and email on here and I thought I would just add what I have done with no ill affects to my phone. I know its extra work doing the wipes and restoring apps thru TB. But I have got it down to about 15-20 minutes time to restore everything and I have my desktop and settings saved in the ADW launcher, so after restoring the apps I just restore my ADW and it puts my screens back just like it was

FordTaurus

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I did a full SBF, clean install, and update to .1 then .6 then .7, wiping each time, and still had the calendar/email issue seen in other threads.

I agree full wipe / clean install is the way to go, but it doesn't prevent this issue which seems .7 related.

Regards

repo_man

Reaction score
I'm having the same FC issue with the calendar. I wiped data/cache 3 times before I installed v.7 (was on .v5). Any tips for me?

helobubba

Reaction score
I'm having the same FC issue with the calendar. I wiped data/cache 3 times before I installed v.7 (was on .v5). Any tips for me?

Have you tried installing Blur email?

Rezael

Reaction score
Liberty customizer and install it. That worked for me.

helobubba

Reaction score
The new Liberty customizer doesn't have a calendar option so open up file manager, go to the "liberty-customizer" folder on your SD card and install the "aosp_calendar" apk's.

Last edited: