Calendar events

akoda

Reaction score
I am hoping you all can help. I have an S5 and all was well until corporate pushed a mobile iron update, now some of my calendar events are off by one hour. It synchs to Office 365, I have worked with corporate and tried my old iphone and it synches the events correctly. Timezones are correct on the phone, not all meetings are off just some, seems the long running ones. I added a new calendar app and it gets the same bad events, cleared cache, stopped started etc. I am lost, corporate says it's my phone, even though all was well before their push and encryption. At least now I am early to meetings. Anyone heard of such, googles and mobile iron give me nothing.

Thanks for reading

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm...I'm not familiar with mobile iron at all. When you say it syncs to Office 365, I'm assuming you mean that you input your events into the Office calendar on your PC and then the phone downloads them?

OP
A

akoda

Reaction score
Yes, we use Outlook 2013, mobileiron is forced if we do bring your own device (BYOD). One theory was that it was tied to long running meetings with recurrance. I was sent three this week and all showed wrong on the phone and correct on my PC. Makes a day interesting if you have lots of meetings :)

Hmm...I'm not familiar with mobile iron at all. When you say it syncs to Office 365, I'm assuming you mean that you input your events into the Office calendar on your PC and then the phone downloads them?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Interesting. & the problem was the same on the stock calendar as well as the one you downloaded. Which other calendar did you try?

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
A

akoda

Reaction score
I have only tried those two, stock and google, that lead me to believe it wasn't the app but something in the synch to the droid, since I synched correctly with the iPhone as a test. We removed me from mobileiron and put me back several times, clear calendar cache each time. Has us stumped, I am an IT guy myself

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So am I, but my environment doesn't warrant byod thanks to HIPAA regulations, so I'm at a loss as well.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk