Calendar Event Text Not Showing in Active Sync Calendar

nhlevin

Reaction score
So this is weird...while I see a solid black line where the event shoudl be, there is no text in the day view unless I select the event. Once opened, the event info is there. On days with many events, this is quite the pain. Anyone else experiencing this problem of have any ideas?

Razr Maxx, ICS 4.0.4

Neal

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are two places when you set up an event to enter similar info. 1) is at the very top of the page where you set up the event, & is titled "Name". This one shows up for me in the "day" view. 2) is lower in the event setup screen and is called Description.
Do you have an entry in the Name field?

Daballa

Reaction score
I have had that happen also. I deleted the data from the calendar app. After awhile everything syncs back you'll be good to go. It may take a few minutes and a manual re-sync. I would also reboot.

Daballa

Reaction score
Remember that after you do this to reset which calendars you want viewed cause all setting will go to default.

OP
nhlevin

nhlevin

Reaction score
There are two places when you set up an event to enter similar info. 1) is at the very top of the page where you set up the event, & is titled "Name". This one shows up for me in the "day" view. 2) is lower in the event setup screen and is called Description.
Do you have an entry in the Name field?

These entries originated on the desktop. The name of the event in input on the Subject line in Outlook.

OP
nhlevin

nhlevin

Reaction score
I have had that happen also. I deleted the data from the calendar app. After awhile everything syncs back you'll be good to go. It may take a few minutes and a manual re-sync. I would also reboot.

From where do I delete the data from the calendar app? There are several calendars, the phone, two gmail and the exchange activesync account. A vast majority of the entries are from the latter. Also, I'm noticing that some of the entries are now starting to show, though most still do not.

Daballa

Reaction score
If the entries that are not showing properly are linked to your google calendar storage then go to menu/system settings/apps/calendar storage/clear data. If the calendar entries are from any other source I can't help you with that. This method is solely for events linked to your google account.