Calendar default settings

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BobBuchman, Jan 11, 2010.

1. BobBuchman

BobBuchman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how to change two of the Droid's default calendar settings? Specifically:

(1) For a new event, the default reminder is 10 minutes. Can this be changed to another included setting such as 1 hour, so all new events would have a 1 hour reminder without my having to change anything?

(2) Is there a way to change the weekly (or daily) view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows?

Thanks!

2. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Open the Calendar and hit the menu soft key. Select More>>Settings>>Default Reminder Time.

2. Open the Calendar and hit the menu soft key. Select either Day or Week.

Hope that was straight forward!

3. trevorparsons

trevorparsons New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Calendar widget

Is there a way to change the way the calendar widget displays on your home screen? Specifically, it will show today's day/date across the top in a blue bar, and then underneath that in the white space display tomorrow's date and tomorrow's scheduled events.

How come it doesn't show TODAY'S scheduled events??? The only way I can see today's is to go into the calendar app. The widget doesn't do much good showing me tomorrow instead of today. Any help???

4. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it shows upcoming events. events that passed are in the past. there are other calendar widgets in the marketplace that may suit your needs better.

5. trevorparsons

trevorparsons New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What about events that are set as "all day" in Google Calendar? Or events that have yet to happen today? These are the things that would be great to see right on the widget -- much more pressing than tomorrow's events IMO.

6. Spartan

Spartan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You might want to look at Pure Calendar in the Marketplace. It has a nice widget that you can customize to your needs. Also has a feature to sync with Astrid Task as well. I find that Pure Calendar and Pure Grid calendar work the best for me. I hardly use the stock calendar now. Grid is nice, especially working with multiple calendars as it shows a colored bar across the days.

7. BobBuchman

BobBuchman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your answer to my first question is perfect. Thanks.

However, for the second question (Is there a way to change the weekly or daily view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows) I know how to switch to the daily or weekly view, but in either view, I still have to scroll up and down the see any events for the entire day. Any suggestions??

8. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    gotcha now. i misread.

My guess? I don't think so. In portait view you see 8am to 5pm by default. Seems to be a business-like approach to the calendar daily view. I see no other way to see a full day w/o scrolling.

9. scarrz

scarrz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Default - Agenda View

I have yet to figure out how to set AGENDA as the default view when I open my calendar. It seems to always default back to week view? Any ideas? Thanks.

10. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hit agenda, then hit home. it will remain agenda for as long as the OS remains up (or for as long as the calendar stays resident in memory). unfortunately, there's no way to set which one is the default view.

Search tags for this page
android calendar default settings
android calendar defaults events to all-day
android calendar showing agenda default

android change default calendar

calendar settings android
change the default calendar motorola droid
droid razr calaendar widget settings
how to change default automatic reminder in s planner
how to change default reminders galaxy calendar
s planner default reminder