Calendar default settings

BobBuchman

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change two of the Droid's default calendar settings? Specifically:

(1) For a new event, the default reminder is 10 minutes. Can this be changed to another included setting such as 1 hour, so all new events would have a 1 hour reminder without my having to change anything?

(2) Is there a way to change the weekly (or daily) view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows?

Thanks!

naman919

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change two of the Droid's default calendar settings? Specifically:

(1) For a new event, the default reminder is 10 minutes. Can this be changed to another included setting such as 1 hour, so all new events would have a 1 hour reminder without my having to change anything?

(2) Is there a way to change the weekly (or daily) view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows?

Thanks!

1. Open the Calendar and hit the menu soft key. Select More>>Settings>>Default Reminder Time.

2. Open the Calendar and hit the menu soft key. Select either Day or Week.

Hope that was straight forward!

trevorparsons

Reaction score
Calendar widget

Is there a way to change the way the calendar widget displays on your home screen? Specifically, it will show today's day/date across the top in a blue bar, and then underneath that in the white space display tomorrow's date and tomorrow's scheduled events.

How come it doesn't show TODAY'S scheduled events??? The only way I can see today's is to go into the calendar app. The widget doesn't do much good showing me tomorrow instead of today. Any help???

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the way the calendar widget displays on your home screen? Specifically, it will show today's day/date across the top in a blue bar, and then underneath that in the white space display tomorrow's date and tomorrow's scheduled events.

How come it doesn't show TODAY'S scheduled events??? The only way I can see today's is to go into the calendar app. The widget doesn't do much good showing me tomorrow instead of today. Any help???
it shows upcoming events. events that passed are in the past. there are other calendar widgets in the marketplace that may suit your needs better.

trevorparsons

Reaction score
What about events that are set as "all day" in Google Calendar? Or events that have yet to happen today? These are the things that would be great to see right on the widget -- much more pressing than tomorrow's events IMO.

Spartan

Reaction score

You might want to look at Pure Calendar in the Marketplace. It has a nice widget that you can customize to your needs. Also has a feature to sync with Astrid Task as well. I find that Pure Calendar and Pure Grid calendar work the best for me. I hardly use the stock calendar now. Grid is nice, especially working with multiple calendars as it shows a colored bar across the days.

OP
B

BobBuchman

Reaction score
Your answer to my first question is perfect. Thanks.

However, for the second question (Is there a way to change the weekly or daily view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows) I know how to switch to the daily or weekly view, but in either view, I still have to scroll up and down the see any events for the entire day. Any suggestions??

naman919

Reaction score
Your answer to my first question is perfect. Thanks.

However, for the second question (Is there a way to change the weekly or daily view so I can see the whole day without having to scroll, or even more of the day that the calendar currently shows) I know how to switch to the daily or weekly view, but in either view, I still have to scroll up and down the see any events for the entire day. Any suggestions??

gotcha now. i misread.

My guess? I don't think so. In portait view you see 8am to 5pm by default. Seems to be a business-like approach to the calendar daily view. I see no other way to see a full day w/o scrolling.

scarrz

Reaction score
Default - Agenda View

I have yet to figure out how to set AGENDA as the default view when I open my calendar. It seems to always default back to week view? Any ideas? Thanks.

Silver Member
Reaction score
hit agenda, then hit home. it will remain agenda for as long as the OS remains up (or for as long as the calendar stays resident in memory). unfortunately, there's no way to set which one is the default view.