Calendar appt background colors

artsdroid

Reaction score
I sync my OS 2.1 with activesync at work. In order to make it happen, there are actually two calendars-my calendar and "default" (a misnomer, since it is not, in fact, the default!)

Before I got active sync working, I was using google as a conduit between outlook 2010 and my phone. So when I configged activesync, I actually had three calendars.

So my Fascinate assigned different colors to each calendar. unfortunately, my default calendar, which is the one I actually use, is purple!:icon_eek:

I have not deleted my google calendar...I just unchecked it...

Any ideas on how I can change the background color of my appts to something my 46 year old eyes can actually read?!

Thanks!!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am probably going to be asking the obvious but did you happen to check in the settings for your calendar? I am not sure how the fascinate works but I would go into your calendar go to the menu and look in either preferences or settings and see if you can find the settings for the background color.

ruddyone

Reaction score
Well, I'm not excatly sure how active sync works vis-a-vis google calendar but here is a solution for changing colors on google calendars. Perhaps it will help you as well.

Log into your google calendar through your computer. http://www.calendar.google.com

On the left hand side you should see an option to change the calendar color. Whatever you set on the computer will set your phone.

Sometimes it takes a little time to send it down to your phone. I'm guessing this is somehow related to how often your phone polls for changes but it will change the color eventually.

Otherwise, if you go into the Calendar Sync settings on your phone, click on your calendar and then select the menu and then select Sync, it will change the colors.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Nate

OP
A

artsdroid

Reaction score
thanks but...

Thank you gents...but...there is no option that I have found to change colors...if there is a hidden menu someplace, please point me toward, it. None of the accounts offer it as an option and neither does any menu or sub menu in calendars.

As to google calendars, I do not use them...I use to, but when I started using activesync to sync with exchange I dropped it. That is in a way what caused the problem...by setting up the default calendar, google calendar, and activesync calendar, it used three colors...the last is a horrible purple, and of course, that is the one I actually need!

zaohua768

Reaction score
As to google calendars, I do not use them...I use to, but when I started using activesync to sync with exchange I dropped it. That is in a way what caused the problem...by setting up the default calendar, google calendar, and activesync calendar, it used three colors...the last is a horrible purple, and of course, that is the one I actually need! Log into your google calendar through your computer. the left hand side you should see an option to change the calendar color. Whatever you set on the computer will set your phone. Sometimes it takes a little time to send it down to your phone. I'm guessing this is somehow related to how often your phone polls for changes but it will change the color eventually. Otherwise, if you go into the Calendar Sync settings on your phone, click on your calendar and then select the menu and then select Sync, it will change the colors.Hope that helps.

OP
A

artsdroid

Reaction score
Zaohua768-I have tried all the solutions involving being on google...this is NOT a google calendar. I do not USE google calendars. Just for grins I tried your solution, and as I thought, it changed the google calendar colors...but I don't USE google calendar. This is an added account on my phone which syncs to MS Exchange at work through activesync

billwhitbeck

Reaction score
Art I am having the same issue, any resolution?
Thanks from the old going blind guy that cant see black font a purple background

billwhitbeck

Reaction score
Art, the color background comes for MS outlook! Go to categorize on your calendar tab, click the drop down arrow, go to all categories, from there you can change the color backgrounds, the "clear" looking one looked best on my droid, it is kind of a gray color on the droid. The color on the outlook selector and the droid do not match for whatever reason:)