Calendar APK

usafpilot022

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have the calendar apk for the droid 4 running Verizon 4.1.2? Thanks.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Check the link in my signature for a zip with all the system apk's.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
Thanks for the apk, I downloaded and installed it just fine but it says that I have no google calendars and it will soft freeze whenever I try and load a new event. THe same thing happened with Google calendars. Any thoughts?
Check the link in my signature for a zip with all the system apk's.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You don't install system apps. Just copy and paste the apk to system/app folder using a root enabled file browser. You must have the odex part and the calenderprovider.apk and odex files too.

OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
can you elaborate on the odex thing? thanks.
You don't install system apps. Just copy and paste the apk to system/app folder using a root enabled file browser. You must have the odex part and the calenderprovider.apk and odex files too.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Many stock system apps have an apk and related odex file. See the screenshot of my system/app folder.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365996710333.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365996710333.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 546
OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
OK all that looks good now but afterwards calendar was somehow uninstalled and so I restored it and it still doesn't work....
Many stock system apps have an apk and related odex file. See the screenshot of my system/app folder.

OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
basically every time i reboot my phone it removes the calendar app from the phone but the files are still showing in thesystem/app folder...
Thanks for the apk, I downloaded and installed it just fine but it says that I have no google calendars and it will soft freeze whenever I try and load a new event. THe same thing happened with Google calendars. Any thoughts?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You don't want to install any of these like a regular app. Just copy them to the system/app folder. If you still can't get it you can try the jb utility its on xda written by Matt. You can run it with the data save option.

OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
so if i dont install it how is it supposed to work? all 4 files are in the system/apps folder but calendar still doesnt show up anywhere.
You don't want to install any of these like a regular app. Just copy them to the system/app folder. If you still can't get it you can try the jb utility its on xda written by Matt. You can run it with the data save option.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I was referring to the calendar app. I don't know what the .odex file should be. My rom is de-odexed so I can't check.

Also, I recently saw someone that had 2 Google calendar apps & that caused problems. I mention this because you asked about doing this to "all four calendar files". I'd delete all but 1 calendar app & it's .odex file. Then try setting permission. Maybe someone else will have info on what the permissions should be for the odex file. Hope this helps

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
the other two files are the calendar provider apk and odex
I was referring to the calendar app. I don't know what the .odex file should be. My rom is de-odexed so I can't check.

Also, I recently saw someone that had 2 Google calendar apps & that caused problems. I mention this because you asked about doing this to "all four calendar files". I'd delete all but 1 calendar app & it's .odex file. Then try setting permission. Maybe someone else will have info on what the permissions should be for the odex file. Hope this helps

Tapped from a Nexus