calander appointment/event icon color

S281

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the color of an event/appointment in the calander. Everything shows up as green. My Centro, i could change each type of event/appt to a different color, so it was really easy to tell if it was a bill due, personal appt, work appt, etc... Anyway to do it on here, or do i have to get a diff calander app?

gprichardson1

Reaction score
I hate to post "me too" replies to posts, but this one is bugging me enough that I have to. My appointment color is blue. My wife's is red. Now I read yours is green. My wife wants to change her appointment color but I can't figure out how to do this either.

I haven't found an app (yet) that can change this. Hopefully someone will see this post and have an answer for us!

-Gary

Reaction score
you need to change it directly on the google calendar from your desktop. It will then refresh the color next time it syncs

gprichardson1

Reaction score
you need to change it directly on the google calendar from your desktop. It will then refresh the color next time it syncs

Coronanlime247, you just beat me to it! After I posted I thought I'd take a look at the gmail calendar online and found it! On the left side of your calendar page it'll list your calendar (My Calendars). Click on the down arrow to the right of your calendar name (probably your email address) and you can choose the color from there.

Cool. :)

-Gary

OP
S

S281

Reaction score

Coronanlime247, you just beat me to it! After I posted I thought I'd take a look at the gmail calendar online and found it! On the left side of your calendar page it'll list your calendar (My Calendars). Click on the down arrow to the right of your calendar name (probably your email address) and you can choose the color from there.

Cool. :)

-Gary

I looked at that, but from what i saw, that only changes the color for all your events to the one color of your choosing. It doesnt let you set bills as a specific color, birthdays as a diff color, appts as a diff color,etc... right?

subaruwrx88011

Reaction score
In GoogleCalendar, In the same box as where you changed the color, there is a link called "Create". Create a new calendar for bills, another for birthdays, etc. etc. Select the color you want these calendars to be represented as.

Then click on the already posted event, edit the event and select the appropriate newly created calendar.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

S281

Reaction score
In GoogleCalendar, In the same box as where you changed the color, there is a link called "Create". Create a new calendar for bills, another for birthdays, etc. etc. Select the color you want these calendars to be represented as.

Then click on the already posted event, edit the event and select the appropriate newly created calendar.

Hope that helps.

Ahhhh, I see.u create a calander for every type/category of event & color code each one differently & it all shows up on the main calander. For some reason I thought it would all be separate calanders & not show up on together in one place

subaruwrx88011

Reaction score
ya GoogleCalendars is pretty cool!!!! You can also share anyone of those calendars to other Google Account holders. My wife and I share multiple calendars, like work schedules, school schedules, appointments, etc. which are all color coated :)

dettept

Reaction score
color change on calendar

So I went and created new calendars with different colors from my desk top. However the calendars all show up as one color on my droid. On my Google calendar the different colors show fine on the home computer. How do I sync the two so the events/calendars show color coded on my phone?

snprup

Reaction score
In the month view, it only shows up as one color on the native calendar app, which does suck.

Try CalendarPad, much better calendar app. It seperates your events by the category color you've already created on your Google Calendar. Lots of options and you can set the size of the widget as well day/week/month view.