1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cachemate not clearing browser history?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by wil318466, Feb 6, 2010.

1. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Anyone else have this issue? I run cachemate and the browser history stays there. Any suggestions?

-Wil
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

had that app and installed it because looked in the options of it and seen that it only clears cache out of certain apps! And most of the apps I didn't even have on my phone in the first place!
  3. AndroidAppCritic

AndroidAppCritic New Member

Hey all. CacheMate dev here.

CacheMate now clears the cache from ALL apps that have cache. The reason certain apps have specifics options to clear is because the general, brute force method cannot be applied to all apps. So, the new brute force "PowerClear" method should clear a good amount of cache and the specific cache settings will get the rest from those checked apps.

When a cache is requested by a user, I download the app and thourghly check the all the possible places that cache can be stored that cannot be removed by the brute force method. Remember, of the thousands of apps I've look through, only the almost 180 apps currently in CacheMate contained cache. Not all apps have cache.

As far as the Browser's history is concerned, CacheMate does not clear it, nor has it ever claimed to. History is data not cache. The difference is that cache is junk and data is often important (though not always). Data are things such as history, bookmarks, login information, etc. I have been experimenting with data in recent weeks and have added a lot of various data. You can see the details on my web site at CacheMate Android App Critic.

I hope this helps shed some light on any issues.

Cheers,
    AAC
Search tags for this page
browser history not clearing android
clear al history dolphin
clear cache and history on dolphin browser

clear search history dolphin

clearing dolphin browser history
dolphin browser clear cache does not work

dolphin browser delete history

dolphin browser not clearing history

dolphin clear history