cache

JJDH

Reaction score
I am new to these smart phones. when i go into my files folder it shows alot of cache items. What is this and is it good to erase them?

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
The cache on you phone is like the cache on your computer. Over time it builds and can slowdown your phone. There are several cache cleaner apps in the market. If you are rooted check this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...ry-life-testing-observations-rooted-only.html it really speeds up your phone
Im not ready to root since I am still learning and reading about it. I found a cache cleaner, it seams that you must be rooted.
Still dont totally understand the rootind and changing roms. I did a search and read quite a bit, it still hasnt sunk in.:icon_eek:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Look for Super App Cache Clean. Its not a one click clear like the root apps but it gets the job done. :)

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Its helpfull. I did read the one already about the root and stop asking...So I havnt asked about the rooting!!lol. the cache cleaner I found the linda file manager, not sure if its the right one. I will find out shortly

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My question regarding cache ... I understand what it does... do I have to re-enter all my info, passwords, email configurations, and all that info? Just how much does "wiping cache" actually wipe?

Yes I'm on a rooted Droid 2, stock ROM, and I have a couple different apps that have a wipe cache option.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wipe my cache on a regular basis and do not need to reenter passwords etc.

I do not use the wipe of data and cache (factory reset), however. That would require reentering of your data. Instead, I use cache cleaners or Terminal Emulation which you can find by clicking the link in my post in box 2.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wipe my cache on a regular basis and do not need to reenter passwords etc.

I do not use the wipe of data and cache (factory reset), however. That would require reentering of your data. Instead, I use cache cleaners or Terminal Emulation which you can find by clicking the link in my post in box 2.

I have JRummy's Droid 2 Overclock and it has several options under "Manage Cache"...

Clear all data and SD Card Cache

Clear all data cache

It even has options to move cache to SD, apps cache and data, even Gmail, Market, and Street View cache.

If I select the "Clear all data and SD Card Cache", will I have to re-enter info and passwords, etc?