Bypass Welcome Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

smguy

Reaction score
Hi, I work at an electronics store that deals Verizon phones and we just got a Droid 2 in! There have been a couple people interested already, but we were not able to give them a demonstration of the phone because of the welcome screen. I know that on the original Droid the welcome screen could be bypassed by pressing the corners of the screen starting at the top left and moving clockwise, but I have tried this on the Droid 2 several times and have not gotten it to work. Does anyone know of a way to bypass this so we can demo the Android OS?

Thanks!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
These discussions are not allowed on Droid Forums, your best bet is to get ahold of Verizon or Motorola and let them solve your problem

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
We can discuss rooting the phone, removing pre-installed SW, installing custom ROMs, editing build.prop, and installing/using custom recovery, themes, etc., but we can't discuss simply bypassing the welcome screen?

That only skips activation and initial Google sign-in, IRRC - both of which are available afterwards regardless.

Can someone explain why that would be? Makes no sense...like being told you can talk about robbing a bank, but you can't discuss stealing pens from their self-serve desks.

OP
S

smguy

Reaction score
Ah alright. I just figured that it would be okay since I found a bunch of old, non-closed threads on this site about bypassing the welcome screen on the original Droid. Sorry about that. I'll just ask my manager to contact Verizon.

bomber889

Reaction score
We can discuss rooting the phone, removing pre-installed SW, installing custom ROMs, editing build.prop, and installing/using custom recovery, themes, etc., but we can't discuss simply bypassing the welcome screen?

That only skips activation and initial Google sign-in, IRRC - both of which are available afterwards regardless.

Can someone explain why that would be? Makes no sense...like being told you can talk about robbing a bank, but you can't discuss stealing pens from their self-serve desks.

rooting and all that stuff isn't illegal. sure, it destroys your warranty but it's perfectly legal. if someone can not get past the welcome screen, how do you know the phone is not stolen?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link...I'm not sure I agree w/the logic overall, but I understand the position and will respect it (your forum, your rules)
It's not my Forum at all, it is our Forum, and this is one of the ways that it is kept on the up and up, and as members we have a responsibility to help keep it that way :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No it doesn't make sense. It didn't when you closed that thread. How is a phone that is stolen going to be less stolen bypassing the welcome wizard?

It won't be less stolen, but we are not going to help someone use something they stole. I'm not saying this OP stole it.

Does that make sense?

Reaction score
No it doesn't make sense. It didn't when you closed that thread. How is a phone that is stolen going to be less stolen bypassing the welcome wizard?

It won't be less stolen, but we are not going to help someone use something they stole. I'm not saying this OP stole it.

Does that make sense?

And you know this how? And how is this question anymore likely the actions of a thief then any other question on this forum? I'm not trying to be an ass I just genuinely don't see what the issue is? ???

Status
Not open for further replies.