Bypass Sim?? Please help :(

xmissamandax

Reaction score
I just purchased a Droid Razr from a secondhand person. When I started it up, it told me that I needed a SIM card to run it. It only shows two options at the bottom: Emergency call and Power Off. I was just curious if there was a way to bypass this so that I can just use the phone via WiFi? All help and responses are greatly appreciated. I am terrible at this technical stuff lol.

Thanks in advance!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just purchased a Droid Razr from a secondhand person. When I started it up, it told me that I needed a SIM card to run it. It only shows two options at the bottom: Emergency call and Power Off. I was just curious if there was a way to bypass this so that I can just use the phone via WiFi? All help and responses are greatly appreciated. I am terrible at this technical stuff lol.

Thanks in advance!

Try this... Press all four corners of the display, one at a time at the "two options" screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

4LeafClvr

Reaction score
Try this... Press all four corners of the display, one at a time at the "two options" screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The four corners approach doesn't work on my Droid DNA. I want to bypass activation and use just wifi. First it asks for my language. The only option is Next. Then it automatically starts looking for activation on VZ network and won't let me do anything other than go back to the language screen. Help!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How far in the corner are you going?

From my Droid days you have to be pretty far up there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The four corners approach doesn't work on my Droid DNA. I want to bypass activation and use just wifi. First it asks for my language. The only option is Next. Then it automatically starts looking for activation on VZ network and won't let me do anything other than go back to the language screen. Help!
You have a phone made by HTC which uses their Sense UI. I'm not sure the "4 Corners" works on other than Motorola "Blur" UIs and it might not work on the latest Motorola Droid phones...I just don't know.

joshxdroid

Reaction score

Try removing the inactivated sim from your DNA (I assume there is one) Then you should have a skip option.

Sent from my XT912 running some custom Rom.....I can't keep changing this sig

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Try removing the inactivated sim from your DNA (I assume there is one) Then you should have a skip option.

Sent from my XT912 running some custom Rom.....I can't keep changing this sig
Good point...I assumed the sim was already removed...I guess that is what I get for assuming something so simple.