Bye bye, Blackberry Storm.

rusray

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a Droid owner for two days now. I love having a phone that doesn't have a clunky OS. Everything runs unbelievably smooth on the Droid. I've been an avid Google products user (wave, voice, gmail, picasa, etc) since gmail first came out, so I was very excited to see a phone that integrated everything Google so well.

I'm sure everyone here knows this, but just to reiterate: The Droid beats the BB Storm in style, function, clarity, and pretty much any other category you might be able to come up with. I'm excited to be part of the community!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Well we are excited to have you here as well rusray so welcome aboard.

Make yourself at home here and enjoy the forums.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum.

Red Tornado

Reaction score
I am a storm user - thinking of switching - in your opinion - why do you like it better? I love the storm's touch screen and games. And the email push. Think I will like the droid? How's the battery life?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a storm user - thinking of switching - in your opinion - why do you like it better? I love the storm's touch screen and games. And the email push. Think I will like the droid? How's the battery life?

It's night and day difference. Mail push should be the same because the only one it's instant for is Gmail and Droid is a google platform. Don't know what to tell you about games, but the ones I play are great. Touch screen is totally different. This is a true touch screen.

I came from a Storm 2. Huge learning curve but worth it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Droid's screen wins hands down. Droids games win hands down, and are only getting better.

E-mail push, as much as I hate to say it, nothing beats a BB. but there are many threads in the forum to help you set up your E-mail accounts. :)

Welcome and Enjoy!

Spartan

Reaction score
I agree, Droid hands down. I too was a former Storm user. Love the smoothness & speed of the Droid.

OP
rusray

rusray

Reaction score
I'll be honest with you. The battery life of this phone worries me everyday. There is a battery post somewhere on here that you should read for sure. I usually get worried because it seems like after a bit of use I'm down to 90%, but realistically it does pretty well. Yesterday I took my phone off the dock at 9am made a few 10min+ calls, texted all day, browsed the market, facebook, etc, and ended up with 40% at 3am the next morning. But I keep wifi and bluetooth off at all times, and the screen dim.

The screen is gorgeous on this phone, colors seem more vibrant. In the three or four days I've had it, I can easily text faster than on my BB Storm. Plus there are keyboard replacements on the market. Also, if you for some reason can't get the touch screen down with typing, you can pull out the physical keyboard (although I NEVER do). I ended up getting a keyboard replacement called Swype from a relative. I can't see that it's officially out for the Droid yet, so you might have to search google for it. (if nothing else I can email it to you, as I still have the file on my computer)

You can push email to the Droid, but I have a gmail account, and upon entering my info, it synced up my contacts, calendar, etc. So if you have Gmail you're set, if not you can still make it work for sure!

The Android Market, seriously SERIOUSLY puts the BB App World to shame. There is no shortage of games or apps to improve your phone on the Android Market.

I really love the 3G connection my Droid gets too. My Storm never, ever got a 3G connection. To compare: The Droid is like having cable internet while the Storm was like having dial-up.

As for you liking it: I switched mainly because I'm a Google person, but also I thought the Storm 1 had a clunky interface. There were ALL kinds of little bugs in that phone that would drive me crazy on a daily basis. I would highly recommend switching, but of course it's all open to personal taste.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah I came from the Storm too....at the time I thought the Storm was pretty good....

Whenever I got my Droid, I quickly realized how HORRIBLE the Storm is and how badly it navigated and loaded web pages, and basically realized how crappy the Storm is....compared to something like this....

Big Cam

Reaction score
I'll be honest with you. The battery life of this phone worries me everyday. There is a battery post somewhere on here that you should read for sure. I usually get worried because it seems like after a bit of use I'm down to 90%, but realistically it does pretty well. Yesterday I took my phone off the dock at 9am made a few 10min+ calls, texted all day, browsed the market, facebook, etc, and ended up with 40% at 3am the next morning. But I keep wifi and bluetooth off at all times, and the screen dim.
I've heard it before, the smarter the smartphone the shorter the battery life.

I make it a point to always know where a charger is and plan on bringing one with me if I plan to be away from my home for more than a day.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've heard it before, the smarter the smartphone the shorter the battery life.

I make it a point to always know where a charger is and plan on bringing one with me if I plan to be away from my home for more than a day.

Same here...

The battery is literally the ONE and only complaint I have about this wonderful magical phone lol...sometimes it seems to hold out good, and other times not so good...but yeah I'll take my charger with me if I plan on being out for a while

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I came from a BB Storm -- I'd have kept it until November when my contract is up, but it got to the point where a hard knock against my pocket would cause it to reset and I'd have to pull the battery at least once a day.

Best. Decision. Ever.

Oh, except for the part where it wont play AVIs natively and I had to play with Handbrake and AVS for a week to get the settings right. Other than that...

Best. Decision. Ever.

Red Tornado

Reaction score
Wow - thanks

Thanks from all of the prior storm users. I'm up the 1st of March for a new phone and will look very closely at this droid! Sounds really nice - and as far as the battery goes - guess I'll just get a second - had to do that with my storm as well!

Thanks so much!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks from all of the prior storm users. I'm up the 1st of March for a new phone and will look very closely at this droid! Sounds really nice - and as far as the battery goes - guess I'll just get a second - had to do that with my storm as well!

Thanks so much!

You might be able to call Verizon and get them to let you upgrade early since it's next month anyway....

Just tell them your Storm is performing poorly and you can't rely on it because it freezes up every day and you have to pull the battery every day (and you shouldn't have to make that up cause it probably is already like that).

People have done this successfully