Bye Bye Bionic

OP
D
Reaction score
I too am coming from the bionic but I had no issues out of the box but the 1at update is when I started having issues and then I dumped it for the razr then they did a Bogo so I returned NY razr and got the maxx I will say the razr is an outstanding device and the only reason I returned it was cause the Bogo and I needed a new device for my dad so why not get 2 for 1 .....I don't leave 4 g on I use 3 g everywhere unless I need supersonic speed then I flip the switch ......no issues with this device and well the update on my bionic has fixed it so my wife gets it and has had no issues........

Congrats on the razr and enjoy you will fall in love with it and maybe buy some chocolate for it :cool:

Mr. Colwell's Droid Razr MAXX

Thanks! There is a lot I like about my bionic....if I could just get one to work. I think that is why I chose the razr instead of the rezound, I like Motorola phones and actually think sense is too much.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D
Reaction score
Guess im one of the lucky ones. My 1st Bionic had no data issues but was replaced with another Bionic because the glass wasn't set right. My second Bionic (and current) had ALLLLL the issues that most everyone else seemed to experience. I held out for the update telling myself if it didn't fix my problems I would demand a different device. Got the 902 update last week and am so happy to say...im finally happy with my phone and no longer want to smash it with a sledgehammer. I think I've lost network connection once since the update but nothing the airplane mode trick didn't fix. Really happy now...but still sore at Moto and VZW's lengthy delay in releasing the update.

Good luck with your razr. I couldn't bring myself to trust that device since I couldn't do a battery pull and a frozen device was common for me.

Sent from my (now fully functioning) DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I was hoping the update would help me, but it did not. The last straw was not receiving calls and the phone randomly not ringing. Data drops a little bit are normal with all phones.

I have no fear of not being able to pull the battery. You shouldn't have to pull batteries on phones. The razr actually has a feature like the iPhone where you can do a similar action to a battery pull by holding down certain buttons which is beyond just restarting the phone.

OP
D
Reaction score
Well I say good riddance to the Bionic.. good for you! This phone is a disappointment to say the least. Running the 902 also, it was ok for a week but now back to the same crap of loosing data bla bla bla.
Can't wait to drop this thing off a high bridge.

I know how you feel! The bionic would be great if it would work....at least that applies to me.

You should call Verizon. They have been very nice and accommodating with me. Good luck!

atlrus

Reaction score
Good for you, I hope you actually get to enjoy your new phone.
The bad thing is - you went with another Moto and that's not going to teach the company the lesson they so desperately need to learn.

OP
D
Reaction score
Good for you, I hope you actually get to enjoy your new phone.
The bad thing is - you went with another Moto and that's not going to teach the company the lesson they so desperately need to learn.

Going with another moto phone is not a bad thing. That is just your opinion. I have had countless moto devices over the years with no complaints. The bionic is my first really bad experience and all manufacturers have problem phones.

I do not need, nor want, to "teach moto a lesson." I chose the razr over the other phones offered because I actually like moto.

atlrus

Reaction score
Going with another moto phone is not a bad thing. That is just your opinion. I have had countless moto devices over the years with no complaints. The bionic is my first really bad experience and all manufacturers have problem phones.

I do not need, nor want, to "teach moto a lesson." I chose the razr over the other phones offered because I actually like moto.

Of course, you have every right to do as you choose.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally will not be buying another Motorola phone after my Bionic experience. They obviously do not care about their customers and do not deserve another penny of my money.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
After my Bionic experience, I don't think I'll ever buy anything BUT Motorola. I want a Droid 4 or Razr Maxx pretty bad, but I think I'll wait and see what Moto releases next. Like the Droid Fighter or something. I wish VZW stores would carry the Maxx in stock for crying out loud. I'm not patient enough to drop 300 bones and then wait 5 days.

bufordpisser

Reaction score
Well i for one love my Bionic. Has it been trouble free, but then neither has any of the other 20 plus phones that i have owned. This one isn't even in the top 15 worst problem phones I've had. I feel bad for those with issues, but it seems as those with the most issues are also the ones who experiment the most with their phones. This is by far my best phone ever, and i would both buy and recommend this phone in a heartbeat. Thanks Moto, great phone, well worth the wait.

Phoenixk

Reaction score
My Bionic is kicking after the updates. Constant 4G speed. Uninstall battery savers and Lookout helped too. Ice Cream Sandwich within 3 months.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC