Bye Bye Bionic

Reaction score
I am currently on my 5th bionic and after installing the updates, I am still having issues. The issues have been pretty much consistent throughout all 5 with some having more than others. Currently the data drops are terrible and my phone does not even ring half the time....I just receive a notification that I have a voice mail. That sure is safe when you have a child you need to stay in touch with!

I really wanted to like this phone. It has so much potential. Sadly, I think it got left in the dust by Motorola and Verizon from day one.

Verizon this morning offered me a razr, resound, or the new lg 4g phone. I chose the razr. I like Motorola and also like the features the razr offers. No phone is perfect, but I hope to finally get one that works most of the time.

Good luck to all bionic users and Congrats to those with no problems! Wish that would have been me as, again, there is a lot I like about the bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Doubtful you had 5 bad phones. Sounds like a network problem. Wouldnt be suprised if your Razr has similar issues. It's basically the same thing as the Bionic. Congrats on getting a new phone though.

OP
D
Reaction score
Doubtful you had 5 bad phones. Sounds like a network problem. Wouldnt be suprised if your Razr has similar issues. It's basically the same thing as the Bionic. Congrats on getting a new phone though.

5 phones with similiar issues is a phone problem. My daughter had a Droid 3 for a long time and did not have problems. She just recently received the iPhone 4s as a gift and my husband has had an iPhone 4 for a long time and both also have no problems.

Yep....pretty much sounds like a phone issue.

jayman350

Reaction score
5 phones with similiar issues is a phone problem. My daughter had a Droid 3 for a long time and did not have problems. She just recently received the iPhone 4s as a gift and my husband has had an iPhone 4 for a long time and both also have no problems.

Yep....pretty much sounds like a phone issue.

what I believe Crazed_Z06 is getting at is the Droid 3 and iphones are not on 4G LTE, which has most likely been the cause of the data issues you experienced. No 3G phones are having data drops like the 4G ones do. Some people have had serious 4G data issues while others have never dropped signal at all. I have heard about these issues with a majority of the 4G phones out there. The RAZR has almost the exact same hardware as the Bionic, except they bumped up the processor speed, changed the screen, and made the battery un-removable.

going through 5 Bionics is bad, but in reality you only ever had 1 new phone. The CLNR program is an absolute joke, I went through 4 replacements on my original DROID, all had similar issues to the original one I was replacing. So they don't really do much (if any) refurbishing before they send them back out to people as CLNR.

good luck w/ the RAZR, I hope it fairs better than the Bionics did for you

OP
D
Reaction score
True that 3g and 4g are very different. Although I must say 4g has been prettty reliable in my area. There have been several times I have been with friends with 4g phones and they had no problems while my Bionic was not working.

The phone not ringing randomly and dropping calls is very frustrating.

I am sure with ics the bionic will be great, I just can't wait for that.

No phone is perfect so I will just have to wait and see.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hopefully the razr will work out for you.

Lucky for me I only had one bad Bionic. The second one has been working fine. .893 fixed all the bad stuff minus data loss. 903 seems to be doing a good job with data loss. Haven't had that many over the past week.

jayman350

Reaction score
True that 3g and 4g are very different. Although I must say 4g has been prettty reliable in my area. There have been several times I have been with friends with 4g phones and they had no problems while my Bionic was not working.

The phone not ringing randomly and dropping calls is very frustrating.

I am sure with ics the bionic will be great, I just can't wait for that.

No phone is perfect so I will just have to wait and see.

i completely understand your frustration with the Bionic, I probably would not have had the patience to go through 4 replacements before I asked for something else.

This phone is very strange, it seems like people either continually have problems or hardly any at all. I hope that ICS will solve the problems that people have, but the sad reality is that ICS is a ways off, and when it is finally released, it will probably introduce some new problems that weren't around before.

Like you said, no phone is perfect...unless the bootloader is unlocked, in which case the devs around here can come pretty close to making one perfect.

Reaction score
Hopefully the razr will work out for you.

Lucky for me I only had one bad Bionic. The second one has been working fine. .893 fixed all the bad stuff minus data loss. 903 seems to be doing a good job with data loss. Haven't had that many over the past week.

.903? I'm assuming you mean .902?

SEColwell

Reaction score
I too am coming from the bionic but I had no issues out of the box but the 1at update is when I started having issues and then I dumped it for the razr then they did a Bogo so I returned NY razr and got the maxx I will say the razr is an outstanding device and the only reason I returned it was cause the Bogo and I needed a new device for my dad so why not get 2 for 1 .....I don't leave 4 g on I use 3 g everywhere unless I need supersonic speed then I flip the switch ......no issues with this device and well the update on my bionic has fixed it so my wife gets it and has had no issues........

Congrats on the razr and enjoy you will fall in love with it and maybe buy some chocolate for it :cool:

Mr. Colwell's Droid Razr MAXX

Purplfreak

Reaction score
Guess im one of the lucky ones. My 1st Bionic had no data issues but was replaced with another Bionic because the glass wasn't set right. My second Bionic (and current) had ALLLLL the issues that most everyone else seemed to experience. I held out for the update telling myself if it didn't fix my problems I would demand a different device. Got the 902 update last week and am so happy to say...im finally happy with my phone and no longer want to smash it with a sledgehammer. I think I've lost network connection once since the update but nothing the airplane mode trick didn't fix. Really happy now...but still sore at Moto and VZW's lengthy delay in releasing the update.

Good luck with your razr. I couldn't bring myself to trust that device since I couldn't do a battery pull and a frozen device was common for me.

Sent from my (now fully functioning) DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

twistedme

Reaction score
Well I say good riddance to the Bionic.. good for you! This phone is a disappointment to say the least. Running the 902 also, it was ok for a week but now back to the same crap of loosing data bla bla bla.
Can't wait to drop this thing off a high bridge.